Part 60

Lyla's life had changed dramatically over the last few months.

She'd gotten a job with a F1 team - something that had been a lifelong dream of hers, she'd gone karting for the first time in years after Lando dragged her to track nearby to Silverstone with some of the other drivers, she'd gotten back in contact and had frequent visits to her mothers side of the family in Nice.

The biggest change had been getting into an official relationship with her best friend.

And she had completely fallen for Charles Leclerc.

After the race, the grid had gone out for celebratory drinks but had returned to the hotel nice and early since nearly everyone had early flights back to their respective home countries before they all headed to Hungary for the final race before summer.

It had been an active night in the hotel room of Charles Leclerc.

Returning to Monaco, Lyla had spent the entire flight clonked out with her head resting in Charles' lap. Recovering from the exhaustion of the weekend before.

When they arrived in Nice airport, Lorenzo and Arthur were there to greet them. Dropping the couple off at their shared apartment after rambling about how adorable the relationship announcement had been after Charles' podium Charles and Lyla were left with red cheeks and embarrassed expressions on their faces.

Charles had then told Lyla to ger ready because he had a surprise planned for her.

But he wouldn't tell her what the surprise was much to the annoyance of Lyla.

So she dressed up and put some make-up on as she was told before wandering out of the bedroom and into the kitchen to find Charles dressed up as well. Her eyes roamed across his body - the black shirt with only half the buttons done up showing off his tan skin and toned muscles nearly made her heart stop.

"Where are we going?" Lyla questions, letting him drag her down to the car park.

"Nowhere." He replies, grinning like a child in a candy store. "Stop asking questions."

He opens the passenger side of the infamous Ferrari Pista for her and she slides in before he climbs into the passenger seat. The car was recognisable to anyone who lived in Monaco or even outside of the small country so as Charles drove the streets of Monte Carlo people were pointing it out and snapping photos.

The sun was beginning to set and Lyla was fascinated by the colours the sun sent out over Monaco as it lowered below the horizon. Before she knew it, the car was stopping and Charles was opening her door for her and taking her hand.

She could finally hold his hand in public.

And she took full advantage of that.

"Charles." She was giggling as he dragged her through the harbour. "Slow down!"

"We're going to miss it!" He replies, tugging on her arm to quicken her pace. "Come on!"

"What are we going to miss?" She asks, slightly out of breath from the running.

"Everything!" He says quickly.

Lyla was confused as to why he was so stressed out, his pace slowed slightly as he climbed onto his yacht and pulled her up with him. She stood at his side as he drove out of the harbour and into the bay, his arm hugging her waist as she leant into his side, hand shielding her eyes from the sun until Charles placed his Ray-Bans on the bridge of her nose and she looked up at him, pressing a kiss to his cheek in thanks.

They were stood in a comfortable silence as he stopped the boat and anchored down. Charles then intertwined their fingers and pulled her away from the controls of the boat.