Part 44

"NO! SEB I BEG YOU!"

"SHOULDN'T HAVE MENTIONED RED BULL!"

Lyla had been absolutely pummelled by the sea.

Since Daniel and Max had decided to bug the drivers chat because they were bored. Sebastian made the executive decision to get the entire grid down to the beach so that the 'kids' could burn off their energy and make the lives of whoever they lived with easier.

Ever since arriving, Lyla had been non-stop scooped up and thrown into the water.

First, it had been Lando. His reasoning? He wanted to annoy her. Then it was George as revenge for her saying he looked like a wax figure. Then Fernando decided he wanted to piss her off and now it was Seb as his revenge for her bringing up his Red Bull era with Kimi in the group chat the day before.

Did I forget to mention that the German had thrown Kimi into the salt water as well?

Resurfacing from underneath the water, Lyla finally found peace. Glaring daggers at the older Aston Martin driver as she passed him and pulled her now soaked t-shirt from off her body and abandoned it on a random chair someone had brought down.

"Having fun in the sun?" Arden teases his sister as she approaches.

"No." Lyla grumbles.

"Do you need me to protect you?" He continues.

Lyla narrows her eyes at him before flicking a bunch of sand his way causing him to shout.

"LYLA!" Sebastian's voice echoes. "DO NOT THROW SAND AT YOUR BROTHER!"

"YOUR NOT MY DAD SO FUCK OFF!" She shouts back.

"She's in her rebelling against mum era." Lewis mutters, shaking his head.

Lyla wanted nothing more than to smack the smirk off of the Brit's face after that comment.

But lord and saviour Mr Pierre Gasly, also known as Pedro, wandered over and secured an arm around Lyla's waist before dragging her towards their game of volleyball to distract her from the teasing she'd been enduring since they'd arrived. Within seconds, Lyla was smiling and shouting happily, or swearing because something didn't go the teams way.

When Charles scored the team a point, he completely ignored the high five Pierre was looking for and grabbed Lyla instead. The blonde squealed loudly, clutching onto him and begging for Charles not to drop her onto the sand like Daniel had done a few weeks before. The comment made the Australian cackle loudly before he got hit in the chest with the volleyball - completely on accident, Lando said.

"You guys are so in love it makes me sick." Max mutters, wrinkling his nose at the two.

"Like you weren't the same with Kelly." Lyla says.

Charles and Lyla hadn't needed to tell the grid that they'd finally hit the bucket and gotten together unofficially. It was obvious to all the drivers (yet somehow not Charles' family) due to the sheer difference between the way they began to act whenever they were around each other. In fact, it had been Mick who was the one to point out how Charles had his arm around Lyla's waist and the way she leaned into him to Sebastian and Kimi when they got down the meeting point that morning.

Kimi was ready to give Charles' the talk that both Antonio and Michael were unable to give him.

But Sebastian had stopped him and told him to wait at least until the two were official and had told them.

The older generation of drivers watched the younger lot band together and rope each other into their volleyball game. Their shouts filled the air, hysterical laughter catching the attention of the small group of adults watching on from the sidelines, gasps echoing when someone smacked into the floor and Sebastian jumping up ready to rush over when a hit sounded extremely bad only to be pulled back into his seat by Lewis and Kimi.