Part 64

"If you could go anywhere in the world," Lyla's voice was merely a whisper. "Where would it be?"

Charles' eyes flickered as his gaze turned to his girlfriend. Lyla was propped up on her elbow, looking down at him with a soft smile as she ran her fingers across his forehead.

"Somewhere no one knows who I am." Charles responds, letting his eyes shut again.

"Why?"

"Because then I would be able to live a life without having to worry about my every move."

Lyla's smiled dropped slightly as Charles' we reopened and his set his gaze upon her. The Monegasque watched her carefully as she lowered herself down onto the pillow, her fingers moving from his forehead to his cheek causing him to lean into her touch and close his eyes again.

"We'll spend the summer as off the grid as possible." Lyla promises. "A more secluded part of Greece."

"Really?" Charles' voice was barely audible, sleep overtaking his body.

"Really." Lyla replies, eyes scanning his face.

She watched silently as he drifted off into sleep, her fingers stilling on his face before she gently pulled them back and climbed out of bed, grabbing her underwear from the floor and a random shirt to cover her top half. She quietly padded out of the bedroom, stretching out her neck and back as she did so.

The apartment was silent, a rare silence since for once there was nothing happening. The young Italian woman basked in the quiet, grabbing a glass of water and moving her way out onto the balcony.

The sun was setting over Monaco, casting golden glows over the buildings and making all the shadows in every street move around and begin to disappear.

She must've stayed out on the balcony long enough for Charles to stir and realise she was missing because she felt a pair of arms wrap around her from behind and a few kisses be placed on her shoulder before that sweet scent filled her lungs and she leant her body back against his flush behind her.

"What's going on in that pretty little head of yours, amour?" Charles' voice was quiet.

"Absolutely nothing." Lyla replies.

"Mhm." Charles hums, kissing her shoulder again.

He squeezes her hips, leaving shivers going down Lyla's spine and tingles running all over her skin.

"I thought you were sleeping." She says after a few moments, feeling him move her hair from her face.

"You know I can't sleep properly without you, Delilah." Charles whispers.

"The nightmares?" Lyla was hesitant as she spoke but turned her head to receive a nod in response.

Without saying another word, she placed her now empty glass down on the table, used her hands to remove Charles' hands from her stomach and then moved away from him. Lyla held out one of her hands towards her boyfriend and he looked down at it before turning his gaze back up to her and then back down a final time.

Then he took her hand.

Lyla pulled him inside, closing the door behind them, before moving over to the bedroom where she spun back around and placed one of her hands on the back of his neck. Charles just smiled, shaking his head at her as his hands travelled back to her hips.

"I love you." She whispers, using her other hand to push some of his messy hair back out of the way.

"I love you more." He responds, kissing her quickly.