Part 63

"Papa! Papa!"

Charles smiled as he leant against the railings of the balcony, coffee in one hand and trying to tame his hair with the other.

His dream had been playing on his mind since he'd woken up. A dream formed by the story of the future Lyla told as he fell asleep. It had been perfect, just like she'd said. A happy-go-lucky lifestyle with nothing yet everything to lose.

"What's playing on your mind, soleil?" Lyla's voice echoes causing him to glance over his shoulder.

"Nothing of importance." Charles says, walking off of the balcony and into the living room.

"You sure?" Lyla's eyebrows furrow as she pushes herself up onto her elbows.

"Positive." He grins, ducking down to kiss her lips.

"Okay." Lyla smiles back at him.

Lyla watches him move into the kitchen as she stretches herself out after the long night of sleep on the sofa. She had only just sat up when Charles entered the room again with a bowl of fruit in his hand causing Lyla to grin widely at him.

"Plans for today?" She asks as he sits down.

"Nothing at the moment." He pulls his legs up onto the sofa underneath him.

"What about a day on the boat then?" Lyla sighs. "I know Arthur was talking about it the other day."

"I'll message him." Charles says. "Maybe get him to bring Clara and Lorenzo bring Amelia."

That was how Lyla ended up on Charles' boat with Clara Delvin and Amelia LeRosta watching their three boyfriend shove each other into the sea. The three woman were laid out across the benches on the deck of the boat whilst the boys were messing around at the very edge. Charles had somehow scooped Arthur up and thrown him over the edge, now he was trying to do the same to Lorenzo but was failing miserably.

"So," Amelia turns her attention away from her boyfriend and to the two girls with her. "Why was Charles so smiley this morning?"

"I don't know." Lyla shrugs.

"I find that hard to believe." Clara comments. "You two know each other better than yourselves."

Lyla shakes her head, grabbing the nail polish from the small table that Clara had pulled from her bag and holding it up into the sunlight. She then handed it to the younger girl who happily took Lyla's foot into her lap and started painting her toenails.

"I envy the love you and Charles have." Amelia says.

"Are you and Enzo not in love?" Lyla asks.

"No, we are very much." Amelia comments. "But you and Charles have this rare type of love. I don't know how to describe it."

"What do you mean?" Lyla questions.

"It's hard to explain." Amelia laughs. "Just know that everyone envies it."

"Okay." Lyla laughs.

Their gossip was interrupted with the arrival of Arthur - who was soaked by the way because he'd been thrown into the water. The younger immediately wrapped his arms around his girlfriend, soaking her clothes that she had yet to remove causing her to squeal and try to push him away.

Charles followed suit, although dry as a bone, and laid himself across the remainder of the bench that Lyla was sat on. Placing his head on her lap as Clara finally managed to wrangle Arthur off of her and tell him off for nearly making her ruin Lyla's nails.