Chapter 14

Steve's POV

My eyes remained locked with Bucky's as he held his flesh arm out to Bruce. I watched nervously as Bruce inserted the needle into his arm, drawing a small syringe of Bucky's blood. He walked back over to Olivia and gave her a sympathetic smile, "Okay, Liv. This might sting a little." I kept a tight hold on her hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. Bruce slowly pushed the plunger, injecting Bucky's blood into Olivia's vein.

We all watched expectantly for a few moments. At first, nothing seemed to happen. Olivia's expression remained neutral, and she didn't say anything or look uncomfortable. But then after a few moments, her face twisted in pain. She gritted her teeth and squeezed my hand tightly, her nails digging into my skin. "It hurts." She gasped, her voice strained.

"It's okay, you're gonna be okay." I said, trying to sooth her. I could feel my heart racing with fear because there was nothing I could do for her. What if this didn't work? What if it did more harm than good?

The pain seemed to last forever. "Bruce?!" Tony yelled as he continued to check her vitals. "I don't know.." He looked nervous. Eventually the pain began to subside and Liv's grip on my hand loosened. She let out a shuddering breath and relaxed onto the table. "Liv? How do you feel?" Tony looked over her carefully. "Less in pain. It felt like my muscles were on fire." She mumbled.

Her face was a little sweaty and she looked exhausted. She hasn't even eaten today. "Let me run some tests." Bruce said and took some blood from her. "It'll be a few minutes." Tony and I nodded at him. "Tony?" "Yea?" "Can you have Happy get me a cheeseburger?"

Tony let out a puff of air and a laugh. "All the cheeseburgers you want Olive." "Good. Cheeseburger sounds good." She smiled at him and he walked out of the room with his phone. I pushed some hair out of her face and she leaned into my hand. "Do you feel okay?" I asked softly. She nodded softly as my thumb caressed her cheek. "Good." I gave her a small smile, completely forgetting Bucky and Bruce were in the room.

Bruce cleared his throat and I pulled my hand away and looked at him. He had been examining the results on his tablet. "Um...it's working. I think." He spoke, slight excitement in his voice. "The serum is integrating with her DNA." Bucky let out a soft sigh of relief and I looked back at Olivia. "What does that mean?"

"It means you might finally be able to beat Nat and Clint at arm wrestling." Bruce gave her a small smile. "Although it is in your DNA, it's not strong. So I have a feeling you have little to no super soldier abilities. When comparing Bucky's individual DNA strands to yours, the genetic makeup is a little different. My guess would be you have improved reflexes and improved healing. Other than that, I don't see super strength or super speed."

I felt a surge of relief wash over me. I didn't want her to have to deal with the implications that came with Bucky and I's abilities. I have no doubt she could handle them, but I didn't want that for her. "Now I don't know for sure, but once she's rested, we can run more physical tests." Olivia's eyes found mine, a look of relief in them. I squeezed her hand gently.

"Um.." My head snapped over at Bruce who looked a tad uncomfortable. "Bruce, if you could just keep this," I motioned between Olivia and I, "to yourself and not tell Tony, that would be great."

"Not tell Tony what?" All eyes turned to Tony who was walking back into the lab with a McDonalds bag. "About the girl in his room." Olivia said with a small smile. I rolled my eyes as Tony's eyes lit up. "So I was right!" "Yea Tony, I just didn't want to deal with you." He smiled proudly and patted my back. If he knew it was his sister in my bed, he wouldn't be this happy.

"Well Rogers, I'm proud of you. Olive, I've got your cheeseburgers." He walked over to Olivia's side and opened the bag, handing her two cheeseburgers. "Lifesaver." She unwrapped a cheeseburger and immediately began eating one. She let out aq loud moan. "Better than sex." "I don't need to know that Olive." Tony's face scrunched in disgust as Liv shrugged. "Okay Jolly Green, what were the results?" Tony looked over at Bruce, chewing on his own cheeseburger. Starks must really like cheeseburgers. "Long story short, she does test positive for the serum, but I don't think she has the same abilities as Steve or Bucky. We'll know more when she's well rested and can perform more physical tests?"

Tony nodded, studying the tablet. "Good deal." "Olive, bed rest." He pointed at her and she rolled her eyes. "Okay dad." "Is that supposed to be an insult?"

"Okay. Bed rest. She's got it, Tony." I cut them off before they started bickering. "I'll get her back to her room."

"That reminds me, where did you find her this morning?" Tony asks. "I walked out of my room and fell. Steve saw me." Liv spoke up. "Thanks for bringing her to Bruce." Tony gave me a smile and headed over to his part of the lab. I lifted Olivia up from the table and she relaxed into my arms. "Thanks, Bucky." She said, reaching out to him. He took his hand in hers, "anytime Liv."

He followed us out of the lab and went in a separate direction. I pushed Liv's door open with my foot and walked in, gently setting her on the bed. "Your second cheeseburger, ma'am." I passed her the other cheeseburger and she smiled. "Thank you." I sat on the end of her bed. "So, does my bed rest include a super hot super soldier?"

"Would that help you feel better?" I crawled over to her and hovered over her. "It would." She pulled her bottom lip in between her teeth and I captured her lips with mine. "So pretty." I mumbled against her lips. I pulled away and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. "Are you going to stay?"

"I'll stay as long as you don't kick me out." She smiled and pressed a kiss to my lips. "We can watch so many movies." She mumbled. "Jarvis?"

"Yes, Captain Rogers?"

"Alert me if Tony enters the housing level."

"Of course, Captain. Your secret is still safe with me." He replied. I looked back and Olivia, exhaustion all over her face. "Get some sleep." I kissed her nose and rolled next to her. I pulled the covers over both of us and she rested her head on my chest. I wrapped my arms around her. "This is nice. You're comfy for a super soldier." I laughed and shook my head. "Thank you?"

"I really like you, Steve." My blue eyes met hers as she looked up at me. "I really like you too, Liv. I want this if you do. Me and you."

"I want this too."