Chapter 39

Everyone was here. We got the whole team together. Bruce and Rocket went to get Thor...who really let himself go. Nat went to find Clint who had become the vigilante 'Ronin' who was killing any surviving gang members and leaders. He believed it was unfair that so many of them got to live while so many good people died. Then of course Rhodey and Nebula came back to help out. Carol was still off world and we couldn't reach her, but hoped she was okay.

Bruce, Tony, and Scott had built a larger quantum portal and were about to test it. Scott, dressed in a revamped version of his Ant Man suit, was standing on the platform as Nat and I stood back to watch.

"Time travel suit? Not bad." Rhodey says, walking into the room where Bruce was trying to fix a pym particle into Scotts suit.

"Hey, hey, hey! Easy, easy!" Scott exclaims while looking at Bruce. "I'm being very careful." Bruce replied. "No, you're being very Hulky." Scott takes the glass bottle filed with red liquid and holds it up. "These are Pym Particles, alright? And ever since Hank Pym got snapped out of existence, this is it. This is what we have. We're not making any more. We've got enough for one round trip each. That's it. No do-overs. Plus two test runs." He accidentally presses a button on his suit and shrinks before growing back to his normal size. "One test run." He looks at us sheepishly and I roll my eyes.

"Let's go."

We all walk into the next room where the portal is. "All right. I'm not ready for this." Scott says. We all look around as he increasingly starts to freak out more and more. "I'm game. I'll do it." My head snaps over to Clint and he nods. "Come on, tiny." He grabs Scotts shoulder and leads them out of the room where Clint now puts on the quantum sit.

"Clint, now you're gonna feel a little discombobulated from the chronoshift. Don't worry about it." Bruce says as Clint stands on the platform. Clint nods, his face determined as Bruce and Tony fiddle with the controls.

"Alright, Clint. We're going in 3... 2... 1!" The helmet on the suit engages and Clint disappears. We wait for about 5 seconds before Clint rematerialize on the platform. He's crouched down and breathing heavily. Nat runs over to him and places her hands on his back. "Hey, hey. Look at me. You okay?" He nods, revealing a small baseball glove. He tosses it over to Tony.

"Yeah, it worked. It worked."

It worked...It really worked...I was going to see Liv again.

-

We all gather back in the conference room to now determine the exact points of time that we need to go back too. These stones have been in our history. It was just a matter of picking the right times.

It takes a couple of hours but we realize that in 2012 at least three stones were in New York. The downside...it was during the battle of New York which would make things much harder. Then we decide that the best place to get the reality stone was on Asgard, while another group goes into space to a planet called Morag for the power stone and a planet called Vormir for the soul stone. Once everything is planned out, our missions and the stones appear on the screens. I walk up to them and take a deep breath. One shot. One shot to get Liv back.

-

The next morning we find ourselves dressed and standing on the quantum portal. Our shot at bringing everyone back. I take a deep breath and look around at our team. My eyes landing on Tony's. "Five years ago, we lost. All of us. We lost friends... We lost family... We lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams, you know your missions. Get the stones, get them back. One round trip each. No mistakes. No do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. But it doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives. And we're gonna win. Whatever it takes. Good luck."