Chapter 23

"You hooked up with him??" Nat asked as she pointed at the TV in my room. Johnny was currently on the screen doing some stupid motorbike stunts. "Yea?" I shrugged and Nat sat down on the bed.

"Does Steve know?" "Well he knows about what I did last night but not who. Let's keep it that way."
I kept going through my closet, looking for the perfect outfit for tonight. "And you're going out with Steve tonight?"

"Yea. He told me to be ready at 6pm. No idea where we could be going...Find out for me?" I gave her an innocent smile and she rolled her eyes. "Fine." "Love you!" I shouted as she left the room to go find Rogers.

Nat came back a few minutes later and I looked at her expectantly. "Casual." She said. "Casual..." I mumbled and looked through my closet. "You do own casual items, correct?" "I own casual clothes..."

I scoffed and looked at the row of designer cocktail dresses. I turned my head and looked at the other row of designer blouses and pants. "How casual?" "Like jeans and a tshirt casual." I walked over to the back of my closet and pulled out a pair of ripped jean shorts and a white turtleneck. These will work. I walked out and threw them at Nat before walking out and going to Tony's room. "Tshirt." I mumbled as I entered his closet. "Mr. Starks tshirts are in the top right drawer." I jumped a little as Jarvis spoke. "Shit. Jarvis, you scared me." I mumbled, opening the drawer of Tony's tshirts. I grabbed one of his many band tshirts and left the room. "Thanks Jarvis!"

The AI didn't respond and I made my way back to my room where Nat was laying down and playing with her phone. "Find something?" "Yup, and I'm keeping it." I quickly changed into the ripped jean shorts, turtleneck, and tshirt before fixing my hair and makeup. I pulled on some socks and some combat booths and spun around in front of Nat.

 I pulled on some socks and some combat booths and spun around in front of Nat

"This is the most Olivia Stark casual outfit I've ever seen." I looked down at what I was wearing. "You don't like it?" "I didn't say that, you look hot. But I think Rogers meant-" A knock cut her off and Steve opened the door. "Hi." I smiled at him as he stared at me. "Hi." He was dressed simply in a white shirt, blue jacket, and jeans. "You look great, Liv." "Thank you, you don't look to bad yourself." I smiled and looked him up and down.

"Ready?" His eyes met mine and I smiled

"Ready?" His eyes met mine and I smiled. I took his outstretched hand and he walked us downstairs, sneaking past Tony, and to his motorcycle. I watched him get on and then hold out his hand for me. I got on behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist, resting my head on his shoulder. "Hold on." He said before speeding off down the road. After a while he pulled up to Yankee Stadium. Steve got off the bike and held out his hand for me. I accepted and intertwined our fingers as we walked inside.

"You know, the last game I went too was Sunday, May 25th, 1941. The Dodgers played the Phillies." He said as we found our seats towards the outfield. "I came out of the ice and turns out they play for Los Angeles now. I had to learn to like the Yankees." He laughed a little.

The players were still warming up on the field and I leaned my head on his shoulder. "So, who are you rooting for then?" "The Dodgers, who else." He mumbled with a light laugh. "I'm going to go get us some food." He stood up, kissed my forehead, and ascended up the stairs to the concessions. I turned my attention to the field and watched some of the players warm up. Steve came back a few minutes later with two hot dogs, a giant pretzel, a tub of popcorn, a beer, and a seltzer. I laughed as he sat down and passed me the tub of popcorn and a hot dog.

"That's not going to be nearly enough food for you. I don't know if you've noticed but you eat a lot." I said putting some popcorn in my mouth. "Are you calling me fat?" Steve laughed, biting into his own hotdog. I rolled my eyes. "You physically can't get fat, so no. But a cow...maybe." He playfully glared at me as I slapped his stomach and ate another handul of popcorn. "You're going to have to share that you know." "Hmmm I'll think about it." I smiled playfully and held the popcorn away from him.

The game started and Steve was paying very close attention. I didn't realize he liked baseball this much, but I guess it also brings some nostalgia. Pre serum Steve. I smiled at the thought and leaned against his side. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and smiled. "Thank you for letting me take you out tonight. I know it's not fine dining..." "Steve, I don't need to wine and dine at an expensive steakhouse on a date. I'm happy just being here with you." I pulled him closer to me and planted my lips on his. "This is perfect." I whispered. He smiled and laced our fingers together.

All of a sudden Steve yelled loudly and stood up along with the other people in the stands. There was a ball headed straight for us. Everyone was watching it carefully as one of the players raced to catch it in case it wasn't a home run.

It happened so quickly. Steve caught the ball. The Dodgers scored a home run. Steve held the ball in his hands and handed it to a younger boy in front of us. "Will, what do you say?" "Thank you mister." "Of course." His mom thanked him as well and he leaned towards me. "Are you expecting something?" He nodded and captured my lips with his. "That. I was expecting that."

Towards the end of the game, Steve didn't really care who was winning or losing. To him, they were both his team. He loved the Dodgers because they used to be the Brooklyn Dodgers...but then he also liked the Yankee's because they were his new New York team. The game ended with the Yankees winning but Steve was happy either way.

"Mister America? Can I get a picture with you?" The little boy from earlier asked. He had recognized Steve after he gave him the ball and we could hear his mom trying to calm him down. "I'm sorry, he loves you..." "Please, don't worry about it." Steve assured her it was fine and picked up the boy, posing for a photo with the field in the background. "Thank you so much. For the photo and the ball." They walked away and Steve grabbed my hand. "Kids love you." I said as we walked hand in hand out of the park. "They just like me because I'm Captain America." "Maybe but they like that you're brave, selfless, and always strives to do what is right. You're also the most approachable Avenger. Can you imagine a kid trying to approach Bruce or Nat?" Steve laughed and walked us back to his bike. "They like Thor too. But I think he scares them a little. Then Tony is just too arrogant for children."

"And what about you?" Steve turned me towards him and held my hands. "What do you like about Captain America?" "I don't. I like Steve Rogers. I could care less about the guy who wears tights and runs around fighting bad guys with a frisbee." I joked. He rolled his eyes and pulled me into a kiss. His hands were gently resting on my waist. "I never thought that I would be falling for a Stark..."

"Falling..."

"Yes, Liv. I'm falling in love with you."