Chapter 35

It didn't take long before Sam was landing the jet in Wakanda and we all got out to greet King T'Challa. The Fantastic Four were on their way too and I was only slightly dreading Steve and Johnny being in the same place because Johnny is an asshole and while we are friends now...I wouldn't be shocked if he winds up Steve. Human Torch vs. Captain America was not on my bingo card.

"Seems like I'm always thanking you for something." Steve says as he approaches the king, shaking his hand. T'Challa smiles and looks at me next to Steve. "Olivia Stark, it is wonderful to meet you. Steve has always spoken so highly of you." T'Challa takes my hand and shakes it gently. His eyes dart behind me, looking at Bruce, "Uh, we don't do that here."

Rhodey starts laughing and Bruce hits his arm. "You ass." I smile at the men as T'Challa looks back to Steve. "How big of an assault can we expect?"

"A big one." I replied. T'Challa nods and looks at the woman next to him. "You will have my King's Guard, the Border Tribe, and the Dora Milaje. Come, I will show Doctor Banner to the lab." He motions for us to follow. Steve, Bruce, Wanda, Vision, and I follow, leaving the others outside and waiting for the Fantastic Four to arrive. We end up meeting Shuri, T'Challa's sister, who prompts Vision to lay on the table so she and Bruce can examine him. Shuri scans the stone in his head and studies the hologram it produces.

"Woah. This structure is polymorphic." She looks at the complexities of the stone.

"Right, we had to attach each neuron non-sequentially." Bruce says in response. "Why didn't you just reprogram the synapses to work collectively?" She stares at him and I hold back a slight laugh. "Uh...because we didn't think of it?" He scratches the back of his neck and Shuri smiles at him. "I'm sure you did your best."

"Can you do it?" Wanda speaks up from across the room. "Yes, but there are more than two trillion neurons here. One misalignment could cause a cascade of circuit failures." She says before looking at T'Challa, "It will take time brother." T'Challa nods and looks at Steve.

"How long?" He asks Shuri.

"As long as you can give me." Steve sighs and grabs my hand.

"Uh Cap, Fantastic Four are here but we've got a situation." Steve and I look out the window of the palace and see large ships entering the atmosphere.

"Something's entered that atmosphere." Okoye said, an alert coming from a device on her wrist. She does something quickly and we see a shield appearing around the city while a defense system shoots at one of the vessels. "It's too late. We need to destroy the stone now." Vision says, sitting up on the table and visibly in pain. "Vision, get your ass back on the table." I say, pointing at it. He only shakes his head.

"We will hold them off. Shuri, get that stone out of his head." Shuri nods at her brother and pulls Vision back towards her. Steve grabs my hand and starts to lead us out of the room with T'Challa. "Wanda, when that stone is out of his head, you blow it to hell." Steve says, with Wanda nodding in response.

T'Challa, Steve and I quickly descend back down to the ground as T'Challa orders a city wide evacuation as well as instructing all defense procedures to be activated. He also gives Steve some kind of shield for his arms, since his got left while fighting Tony.

We made it outside and I stood next to Steve as Johnny walked up beside me. "When you called me and told me there was a problem sweetheart, this is not what I thought you meant." I looked at him and rolled my eyes. "It'll be fine."

We all walked towards a few hover carriers that took us towards the barrier along with T'Challa's army. Once we get there, Steve, Nat, and T'Challa approach the creatures that stand at the shield. "I don't like this." I mumble, standing next to Bucky and Johnny. The three are standing there for a moment before one of the two creatures lifts her sword and lets out a cry. Suddenly a few large ships emerge from the forest, opening slowly.