Chapter 26 - Butterfly

Andrea POV

I hate this.

It's bad enough I'm living here, now they want me to socialise with them.

My plan was to never talk to them, only awkwardly greet each other as we pass in the halls, or when I have to come to save their lives.

I'm going to work early today, and I'm guessing I'll be having a lot of days where I come in early and leave late.

I know I'm being followed back into my room, so when I get there I take my knife out from under my pillow.

I was paranoid Romanoff would attack me in my sleep, I know she's not one to go for you when you're completely vulnerable, but I've pissed her off enough she might kill me and make it look like an accident, and like hell am I leaving Maddy alone with these people.

Once the knife is safely in my hand I hear the door shut behind me and turn to see the intruder, I'm not surprised it's Loki, I don't know if I'm happier it's not the assassin or terrified it's the god that's blackmailing me.

I'm going to go with happier it's not Natasha.

"What do you want?" I'm holding my scrubs in my hands to hide the knife, I don't know if he can heal from a stab wound, but if he tries anything we'll find out.

"I need you to do something."

"Do I have a choice?"

"Little witch, from now on just assume that you have no choice in anything." He looks around my room, at my stuff, probably looking for anything unusually old. I had all the old stuff I have saved over the centuries stored in a safe place, a mansion I once lived in that is sealed from the public, it's in one of my old names, April Huxley, but I invented a new one that is her granddaughter, Ava Huxley so the mansion is legally mine, no one questioned it since we look the exact same, there are miles of land and gates surrounding the property to ensure no one breaks in, it's where I go if I'm worried I'm not safe, and I'm sure as hell not safe here, but I will never leave Maddy and she won't come with me without questions that I can't answer.

"You have 5 minutes to tell me what you want." My voice is strong but inside I'm shaking with anticipation, I need to know what he's going to do with the information he has on me.

"I have all the time in the world with you. I wonder, does Madison know what you are?" I try to hide the fear of her knowing what I am, but I don't think I did a good job.

"I'm assuming by the look on your face, she doesn't." He starts walking towards me.

"5 minutes." I spit out through my clenched teeth.

"Alright, Stark is going to get injured soon, and once it happens you will inject him with this." In his hand contains a syringe with green liquid.

"What is it?" My grip on the knife is strong, ready to attack if he decides to demonstrate on me what that liquid is.

"Need to know bases, little witch." I wince every time he calls me that, worried someone will hear him and ask why the nickname.

"Will it kill him?" I know Stark isn't exactly my favourite person, but I wouldn't kill him no matter how much he annoys me.

All Loki does is smirk, which makes my stomach feel queasy.

"I'm not doing it if he will die." His face turns from amused to threatening as he advances towards me.

"You don't have a choice. Imagine what SHIELD would do to you if they found out, the experiments, the testing, the pain. Or better yet, what would Hydra do? Or if you're face was all over the world, on tv, newspaper, streets, everywhere. You would spend the rest of your immoral life running and hiding, while I would point people in your direction, as we both are powerful, you would never escape me, and even if you did you could never trust anyone again," with those terrifying words his body starts to change, his hair turns blonde, his eyes blue and body shrinks, he changes till I see the form of my Maddy.