Chapter 3: A Lonely Feline

"Last time Logan and Ruby explored Route 1 where they met Elaine Ketchunm and got two new teammates in Shelly the Shiny Squirtle and Patrick the Rattata." 

Logan and Ruby arrived at Viridian City as they heard a voice over the intercom.

"Attention all citizens! Members of the criminal organization Team Rocket have been spotted, and people are advised to keep their Pokemon in their pokeballs and report any suspicious character!"

However, before they could continue walking any further, they were stopped by Officer Jenny pulling on his bag.

"Where do you think you're going with that Pokemon?" Officer Jenny asked.

"We're heading to the Pokemon Center to heal her along with my other two Pokemon," Logan replied.

"Just show me your identification, and you will be free to go if it checks out that you're a registered Pokemon trainer," Officer Jenny said.

"Here you go," He said, pulling out his Pokedex and heading it to Officer Jenny.

"Alright, let's see," Officer Jenny said, sliding the Pokedex open. 

"Hello, i'm Dex, a Pokedex programmed by Professor Sycamore for Pokemon trainer Logan Windward of Aquacorde Town. My purpose is to provide Logan with information and advice regarding Pokemon and their training, as well as the moves that they can learn. If lost or stolen, I can't be replaced." can learn. If lost or stolen, I can't be replaced."

"Now that im clear, can I take my Pokemon to the Pokemon Center?" Logan asked.

"Yes, you may go but be careful Pokemon thieves from Team Rocket have been spotted. Who better keep your Pokemon safe," Officer Jenny explained.

"Will do. Thanks for the warning Officer," Logan putting away his Pokedex as he and Ruby continue their walk to the Pokemon Center.

As they we walking, they suddenly heard a rattling sound.

"What was that?" Logan questioned, walking towards the noise.

"Litleo," Ruby growled, getting in front o Logan as they entered an ally and tackled the trash can.

"Meow!" A voice cried out in surprise.

A cream-colored feline Pokemon with a golden charm attached to its forehead fell out of the trash can.

"Looks like a Meowth," Logan said, taking out his Pokedex.

[Meowth, The Scratch Cat Pokemon. A Normal-type Pokemon. It is nocturnal by nature. If it spits something shiny, its eyes glitter as brightly as the shiny object.]

"The little fellow must be hungry," Logan said.

"Meowth," Meowth said nervously, backing up.

"Scared and hungry. Ruby stand down," Logan commanded.