Chapter 17: A Stormy Day & Logan compassion

"Last time, Logan, Elaine, Pearl, and River arrived at the Pokemon Center on Route 24, where they met Shawn, the original trainer of Logan's Shiny Charmander. Elaine, Pearl, and River then learn about Logan's past, now after getting a nice sleep and eating breakfast. The gang was getting ready to leave and continue their path to Vermillion City," The narrator said as the four trainers were seen getting up from the table they were eating at and clearing their dishes with Ruby and Eevee following their lead.

"Who is that guy?" Elaine commented.

"What guy?" Pearl asked.

"That boy," Elaine said, nodding toward a blue-haired boy with many Pokeballs.

"I don't know, but I don't think I want to get involved with him," River commented.

"I get what you mean. He gives me a bad feeling," Logan said.

"Lit!" Ruby cried out, climbing onto Logan's shoulder.

"Yeah, he probably nobody important let's go," Elaine said.

"Hey guys, it looks like it might rain today," Pearl said, pointing out the window at the grey clouds.

"Should we wait to leave?" Elaine asked.

"Vee," Eevee said, getting on top of Elaine's head.

"I believe that we should be fine. It looks like it won't start for a while. There are only a few grey clouds," River commented.

"River right, plus we always stop and find some sort of shelter before it begins raining," Logan said, walking towards the Pokemon Center door.

"Good point," Elaine said.

"We better get started then if we want to get far as we can before it rains," Pearl said.

Logan nodded as he and the others then walked out of the door.

***

The four trainers were walking along a dirt path, passing the trees with Ruby and Eevee both riding on them comfortably.

"I would say we can get in at least a couple of hours of walking before it starts raining," River said, looking up at the sky.

"I suggest we find a place to wait out the rain before it starts pouring by then," Pearl said.

"How about we stop soon as we find a spot that looks like a good shelter from the rain," Logan said.

"Litleo!"

"That sounds good to me," Elaine said.

"Well then, let's get going before it starts raining," Logan said.

The gang then continued walking down the pathway silently, trying to get as far as they could before it started raining.

After a good three hours of walking, the four trainers then found a nice-looking rocky den to rest in.

"Well, how about we eat some lunch and then rest here since the rain looks like it will be coming soon," Logan said, looking at the larger group of clouds.

"That sounds good. How about I make some sandwiches," River said, unzipping his bag.

"Ruby, why don't you help me find some sweet berries for Mittens Pokemon food since I don't think I have any left," Logan said, taking his bag off and looking inside.