Chapter 4: Trouble in Viridian City

"Last time Logan and Ruby had returned to Viridian City where they encountered a wild Meowth and ran into Elaine Ketchum at the Pokemon Center. As well as a dramatic entrance to the Pokemon Center by Officer Jenny and Elaine's cousin." 

Logan and Elaine stood away from the counter as Officer Jerny's motorcycle suddenly stopped in front of the counter.

"Oh brother," Elaine muttered, "What did my cousin do?" She asked, looking at the injured Pikachu.

"We have a driveway, you know," Nurse Joy said, annoyed.

"It's a Pokemon emergency," Officer Jenny said.

"Please help it," The boy in the side cart said, standing up.

"Looks like a Pikachu. We do what we can," Nurse Joy said, turning to face the computer and typing."I need a stretcher for a small electric Pokemon stat."

'What happened to her cousin Pikachu?' Logan thought as he saw two Chansey come forward pushing an empty stretcher towards Nurse Joy and Eliane's cousin. 

Nurse Joy took Pikachu and carefully placed him on the empty stretcher."It will be okay," She said softly."Rush this Pokemon to the critical care unit," She said, looking at both Chansey.

"Chansey," Both Chansey said, taking off with Pikachu.

"We'll begin the treatment right away," Nurse Joy said, putting on gloves.

"Uh..." The boy said.

"Who are you?" Nurse Joy asked.

"His name is Ash. He is the Pokemon trainer," Officer Jenny said.

"Oh, Ash," Elaine whispered.

Logan shrugged his shoulders and walked on over to the video phones with Ruby

***

Logan dialed his home number. After a couple of minutes, his mom appeared on the phone.

"Hi, son. Your father told me you called earlier," She greeted with a smile.

"Hi, Mom. Yes, I did just get back from picking up my pokedex and staying at  Viridian City Pokemon Center for the night," Logan said.

"I see; so you're leaving for Pewter City in the morning?" His mom asked.

"Yes, I plan to leave early in the morning," He replied.

"Okay, son. Make sure to eat a good breakfast before you leave, and stay safe over there," His mom smiled, waving bye as they hung up the call.

Logan stood up and stretched his arms. He then noticed Elaine walking his way and looked at her curiously.

"Hey, Logan," She said.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"I was wondering if it would be okay if I travel with you," Elaine said."My cousin Ash is cool, but he can be too much," She said, glancing at her couch and sitting down on the bench, waiting for Pikachu.

"Eevee," Eevee cried in agreement from her spot next to Ruby.

"Well, I guess traveling with something could be fun," Logan replied.

"Great."

***

Logan and Elaine were finishing up talking about their traveling plans for the morning when suddenly, a loud voice caught their attention.