Chapter 6: A Crimson Rival

"After another encounter with Team Rocket and training. Logan and Elaine leave Viridan Forest with Jessie after saving her from Beedrill and now stand on a hill overlooking Pewter City," The narrator said.

"Well, we're finally here," Elaine said.

"Right, your friends are sure to find you soon," Logan said, looking at Jessie."You should be safe now that you're out of the forest, but you should still be careful," He said, smiling.

"Right, thank you," Jessie said, looking down and blushing slightly at how much he seemed to care despite her attempt to steal his pokemon.

"So this is Pewter City," Elaine said, taking in the view as she glanced at Logan talking to Jessie and waving bye."So Logan, are you ready for your first gym battle?" She asked as he walked over to her, as they started walking towards the city.

Elaine noticed his silence and narrow eyes, deep in thought. "Hey Logan, what the matter?" She asked.

"Lit?" Ruby asked, just as worried.

"Huh? Oh, I nothing," He said, shaking his head."I was just thinking anyway. I guess training before the gym is a good idea to be prepared," He said, holding out his pokeballs as he walked into a clearing.

"Litleo!" Ruby cried out.

"Alright, come on out!" He said, throwing the pokeballs.

"Squirtle!"

"Rattata!"

"Ekans!"

"Meowth!"

"Doduo!"

"Alright, everyone, we need to do some training. Shelly, use your powerful moves on Fani to improve your endurance. Fani, tell me when it becomes too much. Mittens and Patrick strengthen your strength by attacking the rocks with Tackle Sora; run from here to the large tree and back for speed training. Ruby, power up your Ember!"

"Hey, can I ask you something?" Elaine asked.

"Sure, what is?" Logan asked.

"How come you protected Jessie in the forest?"

"Oh, that well, she was in danger, and no matter if she was a thief, I couldn't  leave her. Can't explain it, but something told me I had to protect her," He said."Now I want to ask you something, Elain," He stated.

"Oh, what is it?" She asked.

"How come your not challenging the Gyms?" Logan asked.

"Well, to be honest, unlike Ash, I am not aiming to be a Pokemon Master in batting," Elanie said, stroking Eevee on her shoulder."I don't know what path I want to take, but battles aren't that interesting, but I figure it out."

Logan nodded his understanding as Fani took each attack from Shelly head-on, not budging or backing down as it continued to improve its stamina. Patrick and Mitten's strength was improving. With Sora speeding getting faster and Ruby Ember was increasing.

"Hey Logan, maybe you should end the training session," Elaine said, concerned, looking at pokemon.

"I believe that she is right, Log!" A voice called out.

Logan and Elaine turned around to see a boy around their age, making Logan raise an eyebrow at the familiar face.