Chapter 18: Squritle Squad

"Last, after stopping to wait out the storm in a nice warm den. Logan ran into Jessie while gathering berries for Mitten's food. He offers food and wears his old hoodie to keep her warm from the upcoming storm. Now he and the rest of the group continue on the path to Vermillion City. Through the better be careful who knows what kind of traps wait for them up ahead," The Narrator said as the gang is seen walking on a dirt road only to feel the groundbreaking underneath them.

"Huh?" Elaine questioned, looking down.

The four trainers screamed as they fell down a hole with a loud thud.

"Huh, where did this hole come from?" River questioned, standing next to Elaine as they all started to get up, recovering from the fall.

"Eevee!"

"Litleo!"

"I don't know; maybe someone thought this was fun to set a hole up in the middle of the path," Logan said, looking up a the top of the hole.

"Squirtle, Squirtle, Squrtile," A group of Squirtle said, looking down inside of the hole.

"What are you Squritle laughing about?" Elaine asked.

"Yeah, you call this funny someone could have gotten hurt," Logan said, climbing out of the hole with the others and Ruby on his shoulder.

"You know what, Eevee, let's catch one of them. Go!" Elaine commanded.

"Vee!" Eevee cried out, jumping down from Elaine's head and slamming into one Squritles with round glasses knocking it out.

"Squirtle," A Squirtle with no round glasses said, looking at Eevee sweating a little.

The two Pokemon stared at each other, growling for a few minutes until a police siren was heard approaching them, making the Squrite turn around in panic before running away.

"Now that was odd," River commented.

"Agree," Pearl said.

The siren got loud, and the four trainers turned to see Officer Jenny coming their way on her motorcycle.

"Are you guys all right? Has anyone been hurt here?" Officer Jenny asked.

"No, we're fine, Officer Jenny, but those Squirtle sure are rude," Elaine said.

"Follow me, and I will tell you about those Squirtle," Officer Jenny said, leading the four trainers into town.

***

"That Pokemon gang calls itself the Squirtle Squad," Officer Jenny said, sitting at her desk back at the police station.

"The Squirtle Squad?" Logan questioned.

"That's interesting. I have never heard of a Pokemon gang," Pearl commented.

"Yeah, I sure haven't, either," River stated.

"There must be a reason they formed a gang," Elaine said.

"They are all Squirltes go were deserted by their Pokemon trainers," Officer Jenny said.

"Deserted, as in abandoned," Elaine said.

"Yes, they don't have a trainer, so they just run and play tricks on the whole town. It is unfortunate because of they had someone to care about them, they wouldn't have turned out how they are."

"Come on, let's go," Elaine said, walking towards the exit.

***