Chapter 14: New member to group

"Last time Logan challenged a skilled Pokemon trainer A.J. at his unofficial gym and successfully beat in a Pokemon battle. After saying goodbye to A.J., Logan, Elaine, and Pearl continued their path to Vermillion City as they traveled through thick and dense woods," The narrator said as the gang was seen walking through the woods.

"So where exactly are we?" Elaine asked, looking around.

"Yeah, I figured we would almost be to Vermillion City," Pearl stated.

Logan then took out his Pokenav to look over his map. "It seems that we're near the Pokemon tech school," He said, reading the map.

"I heard of that school. It is where people go to enter the Pokemon league without physically earning the badges," Pearl stated.

"I believe traveling to earn the badges gives you more experience," Logan said."Anyway, why don't we stop for a break to eat? One of you set up the cooking supplies, and another get water for the soup while I go get the firewood," He said, placing his bag down.

"I gather the water," Elaine said.

"Then I get the pot and other supplies ready," Pearl said.

"Alright, I will be right back shortly," Logan said."Let's go, Ruby," He called out as he and Ruby headed off to find some firewood.

***

"Alright, Ruby, let's find some firewood," Logan said, looking at Ruby walking on his left.

"Lit!" Ruby cried out, looking around.

"Let's see; there should be some around here," Logan said, looking around until he finally spotted a few sticks on the ground."Here are a few sticks, but I need to gather a few more."

"Litleo!" Ruby suddenly cried out.

"What is it, Ruby? Did you find more?" Logan asked, glancing over at Ruby.

"Lit!" Ruby cried out, shaking her head and lifting a paw.

Logan turned toward the direction and narrowed his eyes as he noticed a familiar blue hair boy near a lake.

"River, is that you?" Logan asked, walking over to the boy

"Ah, Logan, good to see you," River said, looking over at Logan and Ruby walking his way.

"I agree. What you up to?"

"Lit!"

"I was just taking a break to fish on my way to Vermillion," River replied."What about you?" He asked.

"My group decided to take a lunch break before continuing the journey to Vermillion," Logan said."You can join us after I find a few more pieces of wood."

"Sounds good; I wasn't finding much over. I might as well eat something before I continue to Vermillion City, which has lots of water that will definitely have more water Pokemon to catch," River standing up and putting his fishing rod back in his bag.

"Lit!" Ruby cried out, bringing a few sticks in her mouth toward Logan.

"Alright, that should be enough to start a fire to cook with," Logan said, taking the sticks from Ruby's mouth.

"So you know how to cook?"

"Yeah, my parents always allowed me to help them, and I eventually got the hang of it; not anywhere as great as them, but it pretty decent."

"Lit!"

"Don't worry, Ruby, the food won't take long," Logan said, smiling at Ruby.

"She ready to eat lunch," River said, smiling.