Chapter 8: Tough as Rock

After watching yesterday's battle between Crimson and Brock, Logan was getting more training with his Pokemon. Ruby was powering up Ember training, Fani endurance training, Floral accuracy training, Patrick and Mittens strength trainer, and Shelly was improving her aiming.

Logan was keeping a close eye on his Pokemon so that they didn't overexert themselves.

"Good work, you guys," Logan said, proud of his Pokemon.

"Alright, lunchtime!" Elaine said, bringing over some food.

"Litleo!" Ruby cheered.

"I grab some tasty sandwiches and fruit from one of the shops," She said, holding out the food.

The Pokemon look at the food as their stomach growl. They looked at Logan, wanting for his approval.

"Go ahead, you guys. You've worked hard enough for today's Gym battle," He said, making them cheer happily.

Now the group was enjoying a lovely meal for lunch.

"By the way, Logan. I was wondering what kind of training you are having them do exactly?" Elaine asked.

"I had Ruby power up Ember in an attempt to learn Flamethrower eventually. I figured the more she powers it up more it becomes than Ember and Flamethrower. Mittens and Patrick are normal types, so their moves won't be as affected In Rock types, but hitting hard rocks will improve their strength. Fani being a small Ekans, I figure she needed to strengthen her defense which is why I don't want her lodging Shelly Water Gun. Floral is working on accuracy, and Shelly is finding better ways to aim her Water Gun at a smaller target that could make it easier to miss."

"I guess that makes sense and an interesting method," Elaine stated.

"Yeah, but I don't want them getting hurt too badly, so probably take a break from this kind of training for a few days," Logan said."Ruby and Floarl should be good since they aren't doing tough training. It is mainly Patrick, Mittens, and Fani."

Elaine nodded her understanding."So what is the game plan for the Gym?"She asked.

"Simple, I'm going with Floral and Ruby," He replied."Sure, Shelly is a better choice, but Brock is a gym leader, and he probably prepares to deal with trainers bringing both a Grass type and Water type. Crimson also showed that type matchup doesn't necessarily guarantee a win."

"So you think using a different type might throw Brock off?" Elaine asked.

"Yes, especially when I have a plan with Ruby dealing with them," He said, washing down his food with water.

"Well, I hope it works out for you," She said.

"We will just have to see. Alright, everyone let's go and win a Boulder Badge," He said, standing up as his Pokemon cheered happily.

"I can't wait to see you and Ruby plan," Elaine said, standing up as well.

***

Logan, Elaine, and Ruby were now standing in front of the door before Logan pushed the doors open.

"Brock, I challenge you to a Gym battle!" Logan shouted.

Brock, who was sitting on a rock, stood up.

"I accept your challenge. Log, right?" Brock said.

"Logan, the boy named Crismon just calls me Log for reasons I don't know," Logan replied with a shrug of bail shoulders.

"Well, Logan, I hope you know this battle will test your skills as a trainer," Brock said."How long have you been traveling?" He asked.

"It has been about a week, more or less, by now," Logan replied.