JingYuan - Hall of infamous jealousy

A large celebration in honor of General Jing Yuan's birthday was arranged by the rest of the officials within the court. As the General's personal liaison at the party, it was your job to make sure that everything ran smoothly.

"Mingye, did you make sure that all the decorations were in the fifth shade of red from the third row in the swatch book? That is the General's complimentary color." You strictly interrogated, inspecting the decorations individually, with a terrifying precision. Scoffing at the disappointing quality of the scarlet silkworm cloth, as it was embroidered with the wrong shade of gold. You threw the embroidered cloth on the ground and instructed a lower official to haul it off. 

"Of course, Court officer Y/N. As per your request, the 1000-year peach blossom wine and entrées from 'Heavenly cooks' restaurant have been delivered promptly." Mingye bowed as he answered your stringent line of questioning. 

Your no-nonsense attitude had been brought about by a recent poor review of your last banquet, held in the name of the divination commission's Fu Xuan. She had only given you a 9 out of 10 for the lack of proper ambiance and feng shui from the door to the dining table. 

Her exact feedback that night was, "Lackluster, I divine that all the leaves upon a wilting branch will produce the same rotted fruit. Your performance will be forever noted by the divination commission." your eyes began to twitch at the mere mention of Fu Xuan's existence. 

Determined to show Fu Xuan the error in her divination you vowed to make this banquet the best the Luofu had ever seen. With less than an hour until the celebration was scheduled to begin, you checked in with the performers. Inside the room was a crew of beautiful women, all dressed in ethereal white, flowing garments, luxurious hair pins, and golden sky woven instruments. 

"Alright everyone, make sure to give it your all." The troupe leader invigorated the performers, as they laughed and sang in preparation. Seeing your frame in the doorway with dull slicked back hair and a stoic expression, the troupe leader made a small jest towards your appearance, which got the entire band of performers to chide you with snarky laughs. 

These girls were eloquent enough to hide their smiles behind beautiful translucent cloths, you admitted that even to you, it was as if these women were descendants of The Beauty themself. Any being would be foolish to ignore such alluring charm.

You didn't care, ignoring them and walking away. All they had to do was put on a good show for all the guests, it mattered not if they respected you, for their performance was more a reflection of them than you. 

Turning back from the doorframe you neglected to watch where you were headed as you slammed into a soft wall, knocking you back slightly. Looking up for a moment you were greeted by the close proximity of the General's golden eyes and pearly skin. He had leaned in close to you, not unnoticed by Yanqing, or the troupe leader Bai Qing. 

"General, it is not proper to sneak up behind someone." You scold him, but he only laughs. 

"Indeed, it is my fault, Y/N." With a close-eyed smile, his calm demeanor was cut by a stern glare from none other than his right-hand Yanqing. Yanqing noted the lack of formalities that the General used. 

"General, you should not apologize to Y/N, it is against the court's etiquette." Yanqing added crossing his arms over his chest, puffing it out in front of you to garner a reaction. 

"Play nice, Yanqing. For you know that you are also in violation of such etiquette for not having bowed in their presence. Y/N's status is that of a minister's descendant, and court official." Jing Yuan added, continuing his lecture, he began about Yanqing's impulsiveness and how his impatience and strong headedness often will get him to trouble.