Gepard - A flower in the sun

"Young master Landau, welcome back to the estate! This is a welcome surprise." The head butler to the Landau mansion bowed in the presence of the young lord. 

In a stainless, steel armor, one would assume the wearer to be just as rigid and unkind, but the dutiful knight was no less compassionate than he was sympathetic towards others. This in great contrast to his parents who saw the world below them, their duty to the people of Belobog a requirement of fame rather than a calling of the heart. 

Gepard was not someone of such convoluted values, as he performed his job with intent to defend the innocent people of Belobog no matter what. His heart was torn between returning home- being a filial son, and the burning rage he had towards his parent's hypocrisy. Serval had tried to convince him to stay away from the estate, but Gepard could not obey, struggling to find where his heart herein lay. 

The butler escorted him through the marred walls of the estate, not lacking in the funds to preserve the building, he wondered how his mind had imagined it in such a disheveled state. Stained with the blood of his history on the sleek wooden floors and splattered along the walls of 'happy' family photos. 

"Master Landau, your son has returned for a surprise visit!" The butler announced with joy, but Lord Landau offered him no gratitude, sending his 'lowly' servant to fetch a tier of desserts. 

"Gepard-" 

"Father." Gepard returns, saluting over his chest before the man he once considered his hero- his protector, who inevitably had let him down. 

"I have work to attend to- the gardener had cut my topiaries wrong, again! Your mother will be in to entertain your company shortly." Gepard's father complains, clearly feeling more emotion towards his gardener's mistakes than the son he has not seen for months. 

"Mother? I agreed to meet with you father, but not her." Gepard argues, refusing to see her under these false pretenses. 

"Come now, Gepard. She is truly sorry that you and your sister remember your childhoods so harshly, but it was all in the interest of molding you into the Landau's we knew you to be." Without another word he left Gepard in the waiting room, heading to write an angry letter to "gardeners weekly".

Gepard wanted desperately to leave, but knew that he couldn't leave without seeing someone first. 

Gepard anxiously waited in the room, tapping his foot against the carpeted floors that still had watermarks from when- 

"Young Lord?" An angelic voice called out to him, breaking him from his thoughts. 

"Y/N!" Gepard explains, his face lifting from its dark gaze on the ruined carpet.

"Wow, it really is you- Forgive me for the lack of informalities my lord, I just haven't seen you in a quite a while." You place down the tray in your hands and walk over to your old friend. 

He sits up considerably taller and smiles warmly, hoping to make a good impression on you. It worked, as you walk around him in astonishment. "Oh my, you look so- dignified!" You laugh, taking a close look at all of Gepard's many military embellishments. You had only heard of his many harrowing encounters while defending Belobog from monsters looming just beyond the gate, but to see him up in person was another thing. 

You dared to brush your gloved hand over a small part of his armor, just to feel how dense it was, and it wasn't as hollow as you had anticipated. You didn't notice how enamored the captain had been, staring at you with such deep sky-blue eyes and sensitivity. Though, what made your heartbeat just a bit faster was how he smiled, a gentle elegant grin that pulled his lips upwards and accentuated his adorable cheekbones.