Blade - Hippocratic Oath

"Y/N, has the new shipment of tea bags come in yet?" 

"Yes. However, I'm not entirely sure how effective it'll be with a broken leg." 

"Nonsense! All ailments are solved with good food." Bailu exclaimed, not believing the blasphemy that escaped your untrained lips. She sighed, blaming herself for not having taught you better, as her apprentice. 

She handed you a couple of petals from an experimental plant she'd been testing, asking you to grind it for about a minute with the mortar and pestle. The light gently danced over the medical instrument, leaving it warm to the touch. Placing the soft red petals into the grinder, you stirred the club along the rough grooves within the mortar. 

Slowly but surely the petals started to grind down and form an odd paste from the extract of their moisture. "It smells sweet." 

"Good, if it were bitter, you'd have to wash your hands. Or you might not have them!" She smiled, but you could only sigh. As ingenious as she was, Bailu often forgot that you were not like her. That you were a human, one who had travelled from another planet to learn about the Xianzhou medical knowledge. 

"Master, you know that if I die- I don't get to respawn. Right?" 

"Oh-" She paused, thinking for a moment before shrugging. 

Stretching out her tired arms, Bailu went to retire for the rest of the day. "There's some errands on the table. If the general comes over, tell him he just needs to relax!" 

Mere moments after her random statement, the general himself walked into the room. "Ah, Y/N. I came to seek a consultation."

Looking down at the notes she had written hastily for you, barely making out the first few lines you asked him, "Fatigue? Headaches and inexplicable chest pains?" 

"Yes, to all of the above. Got a cure for me?" He chuckles. Behind his warm smile was a horrible loneliness that he could barely hide before you. 

"Master Bailu recommends extensive self-care and lots of rest, General." 

"I'm not crazy Bailu. I feel as if I've been drugged! I can't remember the important things, almost as if there's someone I've forgotten-" He complains, his expression growing a bit more serious. 

Bailu yawns, coming out of her room and pushing the General out the door. "Extra string beans and rice!" Shouting behind his fleeting figure as he waves in the distance. She ushers you out the door to complete your errands. 

Walking casually along the star skiff routes towards the shopping district, you notice a couple of warning signs being posted on the message boards in bright red ink. "Huh, he's kind of good looking-" Shaking off the thought, you sneak in a photo before leaving. 

"Bailu won't know if she's sleeping." You laugh to yourself, now having a bit of an interesting subject to analyze on your breaks. You could imagine all the crimes he's committed, like maybe theft of exotic animals? The idea cracked you up. 

Though, once you arrived back with all the groceries, you wouldn't find his crimes so funny. With a dark figure slouched over the table, him bleeding from multiple spots all around his chest and legs. You dropped all your ingredients on the floor as soon as he held a blade to your face. 

"You're going to heal me. Or I'll kill you." 

"You need to work on your ultimatums-" Slamming his sword into the ground, he didn't seem interested in your backtalk. Holding in the snarky comments you wanted to shout at him for walking into your healing hut and spilling his gross blood all over the floors- you restrained yourself. Barely.