9: Adventures at the post house

"Mail to...the Zen'in estate?" the postal worker raised a brow at you and, quite obvious to the tensions going on, Yuji had to speak for you so you wouldn't make a bad impression. It was a man, older and a little suspicious of you smiling so happily at him.

"Yes. As soon as you can."

"I am not sending anything to that brutish family," he slid the envelopes back across the desk, "find another sender."

Brutish?

"Please-"

"No!"

"Oh, but-"

"Quiet, woman!" he snapped at you angrily, and that was enough for both Itadori and Nobara to step in on your account. As they were occupied with his rudeness, you turned around to find where your husband wandered off to. Surely he could convince the teller to send your letters.

"He is down there." Jun pointed, and you saw him immediately.

He was easy to spot, even if you had to stand on your toes to see over the masses of people around you. You saw your husband standing farther away that you had expected, watching him speak with one Geto Suguru, and get surrounded by countless women craning to get a look at him. Your frown deepened as you excused yourself past the bustling crowd.

"Husband!" you called, but he was laughing at something his friend said, "Husband!" You thought you called louder but still, to no avail. You were pushing past countless people and probably dirtying your kimono by how many people snagged it under their feet, but finally you reached him and tugged his sleeve, "Satoru-sama."

He looked down at you with a smile, wrapping his arm around your shoulders as he noticed the subtle look on your face. "Wife! You remember Suguru, don't you?" Smiling politely and a little rushed, you looked at the tall dark haired man and bowed. Suddenly Satoru's words of jealousy rung in your mind, and you found it hard to look at his smirking face any longer.

Suguru smiled at you struggling to find words to say and once again, saw you as the most adorable thing he had ever laid eyes on.

"Of course I do," you grinned, "happy to see you, Suguru-kun." He could hardly reply before your husband spoke to you again.

"Now, why have you come to find me?" Satoru leaned down to listen in closely, and you felt embarrassed with all of these angry women staring at you.

"The man at the desk. He will not send my letters," you explained with haste, "he has been rather rude to us." His head turned up to look across the room, to the man currently arguing with your friends, face turning steely and angered.

"I shall fix this at once," he promised, pulling you close and shuffling past the barrier of women keeping you from comfort. Satoru was able to wade through the mass easily with you holding his hand closely from behind, and when he heard the shouts from the sender behind the desk, he scoffed and pulled you quickly in front of him. "Hello! Furuta, was it? How are the wife and kids?"

"My Lord," the man grinned when Satoru pushed past Itadori and Nobara, pinning you to the front of the desk from behind, "they are wonderful! We are trying for another quite soon!" He seemed pleased, and you did not notice Itadori Yuji fighting a smile from behind your back.

"Incredible news. I am currently in the same boat," his hand settling on your shoulder, you tensed up when he spoke so coldly, "myself and my wife are trying as well. Have you met her?" Finally, the teller's eyes turned down to yours, and his mouth ran dry.

"Well, yes-!" he choked out, "she bad just given me a couple of letters-"

"And you refused to send them."

"And yelled in her face not a moment later." Itadori had finished for Nobara, and you sighed at the dramatics. Why couldn't he just send the letters?!

"I do not mind!" you intervened, "all I wish is for my letters to be sent." Smiling awkwardly at the man, it was obvious he knew he was in for it. Satoru pulled you closer than you thought possible and spoke again with a finger pointed in his face.

"If I ever hear of you disrespecting my wife in this manner again, I'll just have to exile you," his voice was quiet, a little lilt as if this man was beneath him. Furuta could not quite meet his eye, and that ticked him off even more. "That is it."

"My-agh!" He was cut off, and you, along with those closest to you gasped when your husband grasped this poor man by the haneri and told him quiet, almost playful words. Yuji grabbed you out from Satoru's hold and stood in front of you to block the unsightly view. However, you could hear his voice clear as day.

"You should feel exceedingly lucky to stand in the same room as my wife," he spoke, "she is not as defensive as I. Be careful." Furuta was wide eyed and gasping in fear from the side of his Lord he had never seen before. Satoru was livid underneath that dangerous smile. You had not seen him this way in the weeks you had known him.

"I am-"

"Send the damn letters."

You swallowed at his icy tone, feeling embarrassed that Satoru had made such a scene on your debut in his fief. And yet...it was oddly attractive.

Silence filled the room until Satoru stepped back away from the shocked man and made his way in front of you, setting his hands on his hips expectantly. Your eyes met his, and he looked as though he was waiting for you to speak. You could feel everyone's eyes on you, and you said the first words that tumbled out of your mouth.

"That was...bodacious, husband." you stifled your laugh.

So inappropriate, y/n.

Satoru cracked a smile at you as chuckles erupted around you as well. Chuckles by Itadori and others turned into full-blown laughs, and you had to hide your smile as your husband leaned down to kiss you. Slow and solid. You both joined in on the laughter as soon as you broke apart, reeling into Satoru's arms with great happiness.

"Oh, how echanting you are, my wife." he chuckled, and he kissed your lips one more time.

Suguru Geto thought the entire scene was amusing, finding your compliment to your husband in all this seriousness very fitting of your youth. He looked on at you and Satoru beyond the laughs of the citizens, and his smile froze.

Suguru knew his best friend. Knew everything about him. From his favorite color or sex horror stories, all the way down to his smile. Satoru Gojo looked at you, and Suguru Geto knew, just knew, that his smile was not fake. Maybe not one hundred per cent real...but it was more real than he had given any other woman in his presence. He knew so.

With a sigh and scoff, Suguru Geto watched on with pleasure.

He may have found his happiness. That happiness comes wrapped in one sexy little woman.

"Bodacious." your husband teased as he led you out of the building followed by Itadori and Jun.

"Enough! I could think of nothing else to say!"

"Shows where your priorities are, y/n," Nobara teased from behind, "what do you say we wander around the shops for a while? Gojo-sensei?"

"Is that what you want?" his eyes turned down to yours with curiosity, and you finally broke down with a girlish smile, one that was rare and not rehearsed.

"Yes, it is," you confirmed, "I wish to meet more of your people."

"You shall meet hundreds today. Would you like company on your escapade?" he asked, and you shook your head as a no.

"I should be alright on my own."

"Stay where we can see you," With one last kiss pressed on your cheek, he let you go wandering off into the shopping crowd. All that was left was Jun standing and planning out her route...but she would soon be disappointed. "Keep your eyes on your mistress, Maeda-san. She may find herself lost."

She sighed, clearly annoyed. Nodding anyway, she ignored the shit-eating grin that Itadori sent her way and walked into the crowd herself but...she had already lost you.

"Shit."