16: Geto

"Do not come near the children, Zen'in." The man before you growled. You looked up at him from your spot on the ground, crouched down in front of three little girls you found beside the fountain.

"And why is that?" you asked him. As the future Lady of the fief, you would not allow yourself to become a coward. "I have done nothing, sir." It was true that you had done nothing. The girls before you were laughing and playing with your hair and kimono, both things that you had not minded. The only time they had stopped smiling, was when they saw him approaching behind you.

This man, who had a dark and scraggly beard, deep scowl, and sunken eyes. Itadori and Nobara immediately noticed the confrontation and stood up off of their bench (the two had become accustomed to playing cards as part of a running series anytime they could).

"They do not need to be exposed to bad blood," he spat, pointing a finger at you, "Zen'in bastards, arrogant scum." He grumbled, and you took a deep breath, holding up a hand to your serviceman Itadori who was currently on standby and faced the girls in front of you with a small smile.

"Do you three know your way home?" you asked, poking the middle child's belly. She laughed and hid her face in her hands, the girl to her right nodding happily, "why don't you head back? It's getting late now." Two of them nodded once again, the youngest coming froward and pressing an adorable little kiss to your cheek before running off down the path back home. You smiled after them, yet as you stood up, that smile faded into something like a stony neutral. "Is there an issue you have with me, sir?"

"Damn right there is! Keep away from the kids!" he yelled at you, and you had to refrain from rolling your eyes. "You are an agitator!"

"Agitator?"

"Your very existence is an agitation to me and to all the men who have fought your kind for years," he was stepping closer now, Itadori coming in between yourself and him the moment he took the first step. "Oh, what the hell? You know me, Yuji-san!"

"I am devoted to my Lady," he said, "do not speak to her in this manner."

"You know damn well that these kids should never be around a Zen'in. Much less the daughter of that monster they call Naobito."

"Do not call my father such things." you said coldly over Itadori's shoulder.

"y/n, stop!" Jun called, but you had already stepped to your henchman's side, hands folded over each other and staring with a furrowed brow at the man. Nobara was silently cheering for your scolding.

"Remember sir, I am your Lady as well. If you have any issues, feel free to speak to Master Gojo about the matter," he was fuming with anger, about to bark at you before you cut him off, "I do not care to hear your grievances with my family, as I have no knowledge of their wrongdoings. Do not blame me for the men that surround me."

"How dare you--?"

"How dare me?" you cut him off once more, quite loud, the first time you had ever done so to a man, "you will not speak to me this way. I will not stand for it."

"Let us go now. Ladies?" Itadori eyed the man who now had his fists clenched as he locked eyes with you. He gestured to the path in front and waited until Jun had you under her arm and a few steps away before looking back with crossed arms. "Just so you are aware, I will report this matter to Gojo-sama. He will not be happy with you."

The man spluttered in confusion as Itadori walked away, rigid with anger. "R-Report it?!"

"Yes," he said over his shoulder, "I should expect he will exile you."

"Are you okay?"

"I am fine, Jun!" you said, giving her a hug as all four of you walked into the tavern. It was filled with smoke and the reek of alcohol, but this was one more place you wanted to see before you headed home. Suguru himself said it had quite the atmosphere.