17: Satoru is home

"My wife, where is she?" Satoru asked the moment his best friend was standing behind the door. It was the next morning, and the moment he received word, he departed from the estate of the resident shogun and down to the little village that Suguru called home. He yawned in Satoru's face as though he was waiting for a proper greeting. "Ah! Apologies! Suguru, my one and only, I am so happy to see you this morning."

"As am I," he chuckled, "she is in the sitting room." Suguru stepped aside, letting the man walk through his house without so much as a greeting to his cook. And then he saw you.

You, who was Kugisaki Nobara's big spoon on none other than the floor.

"Gojo-sensei," Itadori stood beside him, "she has been vomiting since last night."

"Is that bad or is that normal?"

Both the boy and Suguru shrugged, before Jun's eyes opened at the words. "It is normal. For some, it is worse than others," Thank goodness for her knowledge. She sat up and shook you awake, "get up babe, the men are watching." With a small groan you blinked yourself awake, Nobara jolting up as well. The moment your eyes landed on your husband, you smiled through your sleepiness.

"Satoru." you mumbled.

"y/n," he smiled right back at you, "how is our boy?" He said, coming down and immediately pressing his hands against your belly, making you and Nobara chuckle. His eyes were trained on your stomach which hadn't changed at all, yet you were pushing his hair back out of his eyes. Everyone could see the blush adorning your face as you looked at your husband, his own bright blue eyes sparkling at you as you did so.

"I think it is a girl." Nobara said, her nose in the air.

"Well, we shall see in eight more months," he shot back, "since we are all here, why don't we take our guesses?"

"I wish for a girl," you said quietly, "although I know Master Gojo wants an heir quickly."

"Most think firstborn girls are bad luck." Jun said.

"Who cares what the old geezers think?" Yuji laughed, "I will say girl as well!"

"You took the words right out of my mouth! Suguru, what do you think?" Satoru asked.

"I say boy. Shoko thinks the same, while Utahime guesses girl." He stood against the doorframe with crossed arms and a smile, willing it not to falter when you leaned in close to Satoru's ear.

"Girl is winning!" you smiled, and your husband chuckled at your excitement.

"We will have to see what Nanami thinks to make it even."

"How was dinner with Tengen-sama?" you asked when you arrived back home. The estate was thrilled to see everyone back, yet you only had intentions of going back to sleep.

"Same old, same old," he sighed, leading you into the bedchambers, "he asked me about the Zen'in conflicts, about the marriage, about you and our little guy." He poked your stomach for effect.

"I wish to ask you, husband," you trailed, "what exactly is going on between our two families?"

He frowned then, sitting down next to you on the edge of the bed. "I shall not tell you. The last thing I want is to worry you or the child."

"The child will be fine!"

"I will not divulge," he said, in a tone that let you know it was final. "Now, what say you that we rest for the entire day?" He clapped once as he went to his side of the bed and heaved down on the mattress. Your back still facing him, you sighed quietly of frustration...yet still shifted to lay down next to him. Satoru lay on his back, hand over his stomach with the other bent back behind his head. His eyes were closed, breath steady and you couldn't help but silently swoon.