39: Enlightenment

a/n: I NEVER do author notes but this chapter is so fucking funny to me. Yuji said Domain Expansion: Brotherhood. Also I'm aware this isn't how it happened in canon but I want Choso to be part of the #Family so idc!

--

"Haibara-kun," she smiled, a show of perfect white teeth on view. "What is your type of woman?"

"I like a dark haired woman with a smart mouth!"

"He might be describing someone in particular..." Nobara commented quietly to Yuji, who nodded with a great big smile.

"Who do you think it is?" Yuji asked her curiously. She only looked at him with deadened eyes before shaking her head, crossing her arms, and turning back to Yuki. "Oh! It's Jun, isn't it?" She ignored him. He frowned.

All Choso's inner turmoil was out the window as he looked at the group of people before him. How utterly stupid they are, he thought, but even he could admit that he was blessed to be in the presence of someone as beautiful as this Yuki woman.

"Why are you even here, Tsukumo-senpai?"

"Geto asked me to help you sorry kids," she said, "now who's this?" she asked the soldiers.

"His name's Choso."

"He's a Kamo."

"Choso-kun," Yuki addressed him this time, one hand on her hip in a stance that made Choso's eyes stay wide open. "What is your type of woman?" What Choso really wanted to say was, you, Yuki, but seeing as he's in the middle of defending his family, he shook his head and pointed at all of them.

"What does this have to do with anything?!" he shouted, "I'm going to kill you all!"

"You're no fun!" Yuki whined, a split second before she reached into her belt and whipped a small blade going a hundred miles an hour in his direction. It caught everyone off guard, especially Choso, who caught it right in the cheek, unable to completely dodge it in time. The air crackled with tension as Choso, fueled by his resolve to protect his family and the absolute gall of these people, faced off against them. The battlefield echoed with the clash of swords and flung knives, and the snow only further showcased the intensity by the blood spattered on it.

And suddenly, even more Kamo soldiers rushed toward the scene. Yuki and Yuji gave them a look, saying, we've got this. That was all they needed, so Haibara, Nobara, and Maki rushed forward with battle cries and cocked back weapons. Yuji, muscles tensed and determination etched on his face, took a step forward, his fists clenched. Yuki, an enigma of grace and lethal precision, stood beside him with a mischievous smirk playing on her lips.

Choso, wiping a trickle of blood from the cut on his cheek, glared at the two adversaries. "You're gonna regret crossing paths with me," he growled, summoning katana. "And you're gonna regret killing my brothers even worse."

Without warning, Choso lunged forward, a whirlwind of energy surrounding him. His strikes were powerful and relentless, but Yuji dodged and weaved through the onslaught with agility, countering with swift punches and kicks. Yuki, ever the strategist, circled the chaos, analyzing every move with a calculating gaze.

In the midst of the chaos, Yuki threw a barrage of concealed blades at Choso. Each blade danced through the air with deadly accuracy, forcing Choso to deflect and evade with expert precision. Even Choso could admit that the two of them coming after them in a contagion was difficult. But not so much that he doubted his survival. Despite the onslaught, Choso's determination burned brighter, and he attempted retaliation with a ferocious counterattack.

Yuji, sensing an opening, lunged forward with incredible speed, delivering a powerful blow that sent shockwaves through the ground and all the way to the Kamo estate. Choso staggered but quickly regained his footing, a snarl on his lips and his brows furrowed. Yuki, with a sly grin, unsheathed a hidden sword, its blade gleaming with the light of the sun. She gracefully joined the fray, her movements blending seamlessly with Yuji's relentless assault. The trio engaged in a a harmonious show of combat, each participant pushing their limits. Yuki and Yuji, ever so different, complimented each other so well. Where Yuji was blazing fists and shouting, Yuki was agility and silent confidence.