20: Shithead brother-in-law

"Naoya," you mumbled under your breath to Maki, "he needs to slow down."

"Nah, let him drink! He's been real stressed out lately." She replied, making you shake your head. Naoya sat opposite of Satoru with legs crossed, drink setting down on the chabudai with a small clink. Surely your husband had showed him the liquor cabinets, something you had not seen yourself.

"This is shitty drink." Naoya grumbled, making Toji snicker beside him and warrant a death glare from your brother.

"Nonesense!" your husband said, looking over the rim of his own glass with a smile, "we have the best rye in the country, brother. Surely you can admit that the Zen'in drinks are inferior."

"I am not your fucking brother."

"Can I try some?" Maki asked next to you, and your mouth fell open at the barbaric question. Not only was she freshly seventeen, but she asked such a thing in the presence of Naoya. Nevertheless, your husband shrugged and reached for the intricate bottle sitting in front of him.

"Get me a few more glasses." Satoru ordered the servant standing by, and she scurried out of the room immediately.

"Gojo, don't you dare," your brother growled, "that rodent is not of age."

"Come on, Naoya, let 'em have a little fun." Toji argued, and Satoru nodded with another teasing smile before the servant girl set a tray of small glasses down on the table.

"Megumi! You want to try some?"

"No thanks."

"Not so fast," Toji said, sliding his glass across the smooth wood of the table, "just take a sip. It's rum. It's sweeter."

"No."

"Yes."

"Go ahead, Megumi." Maki jested, making him scrunch his nose in disgust.

A staring match commenced between the father and son, and you hid your smile behind your hand as Megumi picked up the glass with suspicion. Naoya was shaking his head while your husband wore a smirk, and the moment Megumi finally took a sip of the spirit, Toji was laughing at the face he was making. At fifteen, it was safe to say that Fushiguro Megumi was not a huge fan of rum.

His brows were furrowed and he tried to keep his face steady as possible, but it didn't really work out.

"Alright then..." Satoru trailed off at the angry teenager picking at his pork, "wife, how about you?"

"No." Naoya said again.

"Husband, I am expecting."

"So you can't drink?"

"No." Jun said as she passed by.

"Thank you, Maeda," Naoya threw his hands up and pointed to the lady exiting the room, "she seems to be the only smart one looking out for you."

"You should not drink either, Naoya-sama!" She called from the next room. You stifled a chuckle as your bother glared daggers at the doorway.

"Maybe you should listen to her, brother," Satoru teased, "you seem half drunk already."

"I am no such thing!"

The outburst did not affect your cousins or yourself, as you were all used to his horrid temperament. Toji however, was glaring at his lack of manners. "That is no way to act around women, Naoya."

"You can go to hell," he spat, "matter of fact, all of you can go to the deepest hell curated by the gods. All of you." Once again, his tongue lashing did not bother you in the slightest, since you busied yourself with eating some more chicken. Maki, yourself, Mai and Megumi did not dare reply to him, and awkwardness settled around the table.