42: O, children

A/N: I know birth and the aftermath isn't this smooth but I don't want to write angst or pain anymore, it's good times from here on out. Thank you

--

"Brother, are you alright?"

Yuji nodded at Choso from his spot against the wall. He's tired and he's gross from his construction work. His muscles ache and all he wants to do is go back to sleep. But, you're also screaming in the other room from the torture that is childbirth. It's been hours of screeching but nobody left. He's not even sure if you've started to actually crown the baby's head!

"Fine. Just don't want her to die."

"She won't," Megumi says with annoyance. "Don't even say that."

"I mean, it's entirely possible."

"Shush!" Utahime swats at him as she speeds back into the room. They've been doing that a lot.

Only Satoru, Jun, Utahime and Shoko were permitted inside. Everyone else is waiting outside. Everyone as in most of the family. And then to complete it, Naoya stomps into the room with his woman in tow.

"How is my sister?"

"She's fine," Geto says from the corner, "she--"

"Everyone!" suddenly the infirmary doors open and Satoru peeks his head out with the biggest smile anyone had seen him look, "Attention! It's starting! I'm about to be a father!" Collective gasps around the room and a shout of get back in here, you idiot! And the door slams again with quiet laughter dispersing around the waiting room.

"Whose voice was that?" Yoko mumbles.

"y/n's." Naoya says with the shake of his head.

"Definitely hers." Geto agrees.

But still, Yuji can't help but let his mind wander. What if your health is in jeopardy? What if his sister doesn't make it? What if this was all for nothing? It's another hour of tense quiet among your clamoring and Yuji can't take it anymore. Was your body being ripped in half? Were you dying? And before he knows it, Itadori Yuji is speeding into the lion's den without anyone's permission.

And by God when the door shuts behind him, it is the grossest thing he's ever seen.

Of course you're crying out in pain, sweat and blood (among other questionable substances) coating the sheets, but Satoru is sitting beside you, slightly behind with his arms around your shoulders and mouth close to your ear. You grip his forearms so tight that Satoru looks at Yuji and mouths, fuck! with an amused smile. It's absolute mayhem as Shoko and Utahime find themselves between your legs (he can't dare himself to even look there), you seem to barely register Yuji at all, and he's sure that your nails are drawing blood on your husband's arm.

Yuji's so in awe by what he's seeing. It's so gross. So gross that he doesn't even want to be in here anymore. And then he hears a high pitched crying. It drowns out all the other chaos in the room.

Yuji's head snaps behind him to see Jun hunched over a small table. More crying as his legs move without him even telling them to.

"Oh, I know..." Jun whispers, "I know, you were just so comfortable in there, weren't you?"

One look over Jun's shoulder and she's there. His baby sister. She's slimy and red and crying and a little wrinkly and writhing around but she is absolutely beautiful as Jun cleans her. Her cries almost match your own screams and platinum white hair, just barely visible, cover her head. It's quickly covered by a hat, which her hands fly up to investigate.