33: Happy new year!

Fushiguro Megumi was in shock of what he was watching.

Satoru left the store in a hurry, murmuring that fuckin' piece 'a shit before leaving, and slammed the door shut behind him. Apparently Gojo Satoru knows all before everyone else (or, he had been keeping an eye on you).

Nanami kept Megumi, Yuji and Nobara inside of his store but he just could not keep from watching behind the windows. They all were pressed against the door, watching the commotion which supposedly came out of nowhere.

Nanami wondered what the fuck just happened in the two minutes they came to the bookstore.

"What the fuck just happened?!" Nobara asked, absolutely vexed. Yuji flinched at her words.

"Language." Megumi mumbled.

"I do not know, but you three should stay out of it," Nanami himself stood over the three of them and peered out the window as well, only to see utter pandemonium. What once was a lively new year's celebration was now marred by shouting men and their daimyo at an all out war with his enemy. "Matter of fact, I think you should not even watch."

"Who knew Gojo-sensei would fight his father in law..." Yuji murmured, his stomach dropping as he saw his benefactor push everyone out of the way so he could face Zen'in Naobito one on one but...one group was coming toward the store before the first punch was thrown. Upon closer inspection, Megumi could make out who it was.

"Geto-san and the girls," he said, then wrenched the door open without a second thought. You were walking alright but the boy could tell you were in a deep, deep daze while Geto helped you up the small staircase. Utahime was spouting curses to Shoko and Haibara was rubbing Jun's shoulder as she sniffled. "What happened?" Megumi asked but since he was exposed to the open air, he was able to see the next spectacle clearly. Just as you and the others slipped past him into the warmth of the store, he saw Gojo hei marching up quickly behind their daimyo and Satoru getting in close to Naobito's face.

Megumi could imagine the almost feral look on Satoru's face. He'd seen it before while training years ago. But he could not hear the words he said that made the older man scowl and turn away.

Behind Satoru were his citizens shouting their support at said words, among other (foul) ones, and Megumi could only hope that Naobito forgot about him and left...but what did that mean for those left at the estate? Maki and Mai, who Naobito already despised? For Toji? His dad?

Even thinking of them being harmed was too much to bear.

A hand reached for him from inside the shop. Utahime.

"Come, come."

"I have to go with them."

"No, you stay here." She said.

"But my dad and--"

"They're gonna be fine," she pleaded, her hand wrapping around his and desperately pulling him inside. "They will figure something out, but you need to stay with us."

"I'll have to help them!"

"The way he is right now, he'll kill you and leave you dead in the snow." Jun interrupted. Megumi knew she was right, but he felt like a coward leaving those closest to him fending for themselves in the wake of Naobito's wrath.

Megumi didn't say anything, because you were being sat down in a wooden chair. Your breath was steady. Even. But your eyes were downcast and looking dead and buzzed. Should he worry?

"What do we do?" Yuji asked Shoko.

"You got first aid in here? This is gross."

"What?"