19: Family ties

"Maki!" you cheered, running out of the grand doors as soon as Miwa informed you that your family had arrived. Satoru watched you hug the absolute shit out of your cousin, rocking back and forth, and he had never seen you so excited in the two months he had known you. She hugged you right back, and you could feel your shoulder getting wet from the small tears that fell from her eyes.

"I've missed you so much," she said, and when you pulled away from her she was able to see your own tears falling down. "Is Jun here?"

"As have I and yes she is. She will be out shortly," you smiled, "Mai." Turning to the other twin, you gave her yet another emotional hug before your attentions were stolen by Megumi and Toji.

"y/n," Megumi was, quite uncharacteristically, smiling wide as he gave you the hug that you wanted from him as of late. "Please tell me you and the child are healthy."

"We are." you mumbled into his shoulder, and Toji watched with a grin, then looked to Satoru who was already speaking with Naoya.

"Long time, no see, Gojo-san."

Satoru finished his words and then looked up to see Toji walking toward him with a sly grin. "Toji," he greeted, shit-eating grin, "I have not seen you since you threatened to kick my ass." When the two men began their conversation, Naoya felt less interested. He looked at you speaking happily with the twins and Megumi. How was he supposed to be nice to you? To tell you he missed you? Maybe he shouldn't say anything at all.

You seemed to finally notice him though, and when you turned to Naoya with a big smile and glow of early motherhood, he decided to not dwell about it too much. Wether he was nice or not, his sister was his first (and probably only) friend he ever had. Nothing would change that fact. So he let himself smile when you gave him a big bear hug, he let his walls fall down when he hugged you back. He let everyone see his vulnerability, his soft spot.

Naoya Zen'in, the chief of Hei and the fastest, nastiest son of a bitch in this country, felt just a little happier in the embrace of his sister.

"So," Maki walked over with hands on her hips, "Gojo-sama, what do you do for fun around here?"

"Hmmmm," Satoru hummed and set his finger on his chin, "I'm afraid my wife, Jun and the teenagers are the only sources of fun. She enjoys swimming."

"In the ponds?" Mai perked up.

"Indeed. Although I hear it is not as grand as the lake on your family home."

"Not even close," Naoya barked, "Gojo-san, give me a tour. I should like to speak with you further." At this, Satoru hummed in thought once again, looking at you who seemed rather hopeful they would get along. Nodding, Satoru leaned forward to press a kiss on your cheek, which made you smile and wave him goodbye. With an eye roll from Naoya, he followed Satoru into the grand doors and through the hallways, and you could hear little mutterings from him at his departure.

Passing them though, was a frantic Jun who immediately tackled Mai in a hug. You smiled wide as you watched, afterward watching Itadori Yuji come forward with his fist up toward your cousin Megumi, while Kugisaki walked over to stand beside you since she didn't know any of these people.

"Hey! Fushiguro!" Yuji called, and Megumi nodded once with an awkward bump of fists.

"Hello," he said politely, "how are you?"

"Great! How are you?!"

You walked off with a small smile, finding Miwa standing expectantly at the entrance on the estate. "Everyone is here!" you said, almost with a small amount of shock. "Well, except for my father. I do not know where he has gone."