24: The heartbreak of Maeda Jun

Jun currently sat on the Zen'in lakeside with a big smile and the familiar feeling of her homestead surrounding her. Her long, dark hair tickled her face from the breeze, freckles beginning to fade as fall itself faded but, she was still happy. It was warm for November.

By her side were the twins and Megumi, all talking amongst themselves while she finally had a moment of peace and quiet. All respect and love went to you and your pregnancy, but the past month or so being full of drama and homesickness and throw up and Gojo being by your side at every waking moment...it had all been weighing on her. Granted, she much preferred living with you than under the Zen'in men, but that didn't mean she didn't miss her friends and mother and simplicity.

And...part of her wanted to see Naoya.

The week back home had been great, as she had not spoken to the Master or any of your uncles, and instead spent her time doing the things she missed doing, like strolling the estate and dipping her toes in the water, and walking with your cousins in the nearby village. However that week passed and she had also not spoken to Naoya.

"Jun," Maki said, "you seem out of thoughts."

"I am merely enjoying the wonderful autumn air," she replied, nose in the air with her toes in the sand of the shoreline, "and I know you've been dying to ask all week, so go ahead and ask."

The three teenagers looked at each other cautiously, but Megumi was the one to break the silence. "What happened after we left?"

"It was actually pretty quiet."

"Quiet? After that?" Mai scoffed, but Jun nodded with downturned eyes.

"She was in her room for two whole days because Gojo was waiting outside her room for two whole days, and then on the third day we went outside for a little bit until he came home and then..." she trailed off, "then, that day was when they departed to the ryokan."

"Do you think they made up?" Maki asked.

"Please, I bet they've had sex every night since they got there."

"Seriously?" Megumi glared.

"Well, it's true!" Mai defended, hands up to ease his annoyance. "Come on, she's so sweet, she probably forgave him when he said the first word."

"She actually didn't talk about any of it or how she felt," Jun relayed, "she'd shoot us down if we brought it up but...yeah. I agree with you."

"He's a sight to behold. I'd do the same thing." Mai smirked.

"Shut up," Maki spat, "you're disgusting."

"All of you are annoying. I'm leaving."

"No you're not," Toji said when he walked up, "sit back down."

"You shall not tell me what to do."

"That is...actually my job. Sit down," Megumi sat back down with a glare, making Jun chuckle absentmindedly when Toji sat beside his son. "So, you had fun being back here? Only the gods know why."

Maki and Mai began to chuckle while Jun only rolled her eyes. "You must not speak so low of your own house."

"Yes I can. This place sucks."

Chuckles turned to full blown laughs at the comment, Megumi even cracking a smile at the absurdity of it. Chatter continued from there, Jun instead focusing on the calm waves of the dark lake. Sometimes during her childhood with you, she would be sitting upon the tarai-bune while Jun's late father went fishing. That man was the only person that Naobito trusted with you to be on the water with.