1. A Unforseen Transfer

"Transfer order? Are you kidding, Mr. Kim?" Jeon Jungkook shouted, his voice loud and full of disbelief. He looked angry and frustrated, clenching his fists tightly.

Jungkook's boss, Mr. Kim, was the head of the Special Investigations Unit and Seoul city commissioner. Jungkook stared at him with intensity, his face showing his emotions. His brow was furrowed, and his jaw was tense.

The room felt small and suffocating, with only a dim light above. The walls were covered with awards and commendations, but they didn't bring any comfort now.

Jungkook had been working hard to catch a dangerous criminal for months. He had put in so much effort, sacrificing his personal life and sleep, to get closer to making the arrest. But now, his dreams were crushed by this unexpected transfer.

"Sir, I've been on this case for so long!" Jungkook's voice broke, and he sounded desperate. He looked around the room, hoping it was all a joke. But Mr. Kim's serious expression made it clear that this was real.

"I don't have a say in this, Officer Jungkook," Mr. Kim replied with a mix of sympathy and authority.

"This decision comes from higher up. They think your skills are needed elsewhere."

Jungkook felt his heart sink. All his years of hard work and dedication seemed pointless now. He was just a pawn in some bureaucratic game.

The village he was being sent to was nothing like the bustling city he was used to. It was a forgotten place, far away from the skyscrapers and busy streets he had sworn to protect. It felt like a cruel twist of fate, mocking his dreams.

As the reality of the transfer sank in, Jungkook felt a mix of anger, disappointment, and worry. He loved the thrill of high-stakes operations, the excitement of the chase.

Now, he was being sent to a place where crime was rare, where the biggest challenge might be finding a lost bicycle or a missing cat.

But deep down, underneath his frustration, Jungkook knew that life often takes unexpected turns. Maybe this transfer was not the end of his pursuit for justice, but the start of something new. He tried to push aside his emotions and focus on what lay ahead.

"Okay, sir," Jungkook said, his voice steady. "If this is where I'm needed, then I'll do my best. This setback won't define me."

With those words, Jungkook straightened his posture and looked determined. The room seemed brighter as a newfound purpose filled him. He may not have the chance to catch his target, but he would adapt and prove his worth.

As he left the office, his steps echoed with determination. The road ahead was uncertain, but Jungkook was ready to face it. Little did he know, the village held secrets darker than he could imagine.

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛༶•┈┈⛧┈♛༶•┈┈⛧┈♛༶•┈┈⛧┈♛
It's a short story
Romantic Comedy FF

shira23432 - Dedicated to you🥰
(as she asked me to write police theif FF, and this plot strikes me)