14.The stakes are high

"Jimin, my precious, we have decided it is time for you to settle down. We have chosen a suitable groom for you," his mother announced, her voice laced with a mix of excitement and determination.

Jimin's eyes widened in shock, his perfectly sculpted eyebrows knitting together as his sassy demeanor gave way to a sullen pout. The mere thought of being tied down, forced into a loveless union orchestrated by his parents, sent shivers of discontent down his spine.

"Are you kidding me, Mother? I won't allow anyone to dictate my life. I am not some puppet to be manipulated!" Jimin retorted, his voice filled with defiance as he fought to reclaim control over his own destiny.

But his mother, ever the picture of authority, remained resolute in her decision. "Jimin, we have given this careful thought. This union will secure our family's legacy and ensure your future. You must understand, my dear, the responsibilities that come with our name."

"I hate you" Jimin shouted and rushed towards his bedroom.

Sulking in his lavishly decorated bedroom, Jimin vented his frustrations to his favorite plush toy, Mr. Cuddlesworth. "Why do they insist on marrying me off? I'm only 20! I should be living my best life, not tied down to some boring husband," he complained dramatically.

Just as he was about to launch into another round of rants, his mother appeared, holding a photograph that would change the trajectory of Jimin's sulking.

"Jimin, darling, I want you to take a look at this," she said, her eyes twinkling with a mischievous glint.

Jimin's curiosity was piqued, and he took the photograph from his mother's outstretched hand. As his gaze settled on the image, his jaw dropped, and a mix of surprise and intrigue danced across his face.

There, in the photograph, stood Jeon Jungkook, a high-ranking police officer with a commanding presence and an aura of determination. His strong jawline, piercing gaze, and impeccable posture captivated Jimin, leaving him momentarily speechless.

"Meet Jeon Jungkook, Jimin. He's a fine young man, dedicated to his duty, and comes from an esteemed background," his mother explained, a knowing smile tugging at the corners of her lips.

Jimin's mind raced with a whirlwind of emotions. He was simultaneously intrigued by the enigmatic officer and indignant at the notion of being set up. Yet, something about Jungkook's captivating gaze ignited a spark of curiosity within him.

"Also, his father is a businessman. Since Jungkook pursued a different career path, his parents are searching for a suitable groom who can inherit their company. So, baby, it's a win-win situation for you. If you get married, all of Jungkook's assets will be yours," Mrs. Park explained, her voice dripping with ambition and anticipation.

Jimin listened attentively, a glimmer of excitement in his eyes. The prospect of marrying into a wealthy and influential family, acquiring not only their company but also Jungkook's assets, appealed to his ambitious nature.

His sassy demeanor returned in full force as a mischievous grin tugged at his lips. "Well, well, mother. It seems you may have found me an interesting plaything after all," he mused, his eyes twinkling with a newfound sense of adventure.

Mrs. Park nodded approvingly, her eyes gleaming with pride. "That's my boy. You have always been destined for greatness, Jimin. This marriage will solidify your position as the heir to our empire."

As Jimin imagined the possibilities that lay before him, a vision of himself standing at the helm of a vast business empire took shape in his mind. The allure of wealth, influence, and the satisfaction of surpassing his father's success propelled him forward.

"I won't let this opportunity slip through my fingers, Mother. I will ensure that everything falls into place as planned. Soon, the world will witness the rise of Park Jimin, the formidable tycoon," Jimin declared with unwavering determination.

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛༶•┈┈⛧┈♛༶•┈┈⛧┈♛༶•┈┈⛧┈♛

Comments🙏