Chapter 6

Now our group is at Route 3, and on the road, we find a sad Jigglypuff. "It's a Jigglypuff! It's so cute!" Serena exclaims.

"But something's not right," I say, noticing the Jigglypuff's frown. "Hey, are you alright?"

The Jigglypuff notices me and tries to talk, but no sound comes out. Tears start streaming down her face. Brock observes, "It seems that this Jigglypuff has lost her voice."

"That's awful... most of Jigglypuff's moves are based on singing and sounds," Misty says, concerned.

"There should be a Pokémon Center at Route 4. We need to hurry and get there," Insey suggests.

We quickly make our way to the Pokémon Center, and Nurse Joy starts treating the Jigglypuff. Yellow asks, "I wonder if Jigglypuff is going to be okay..."

"She'll be fine," I reassure. "Nurse Joy can heal her."

While waiting, we notice a salesman with several fish tanks containing Magikarp. He approaches us with a grin. "Hello there, sweetie pie! Have I got a deal for you! I'll let you have a secret Pokémon – a Magikarp – for just 500 dollars! So, you'll buy it, right?"

Serena looks at me and asks, "Should we buy the Magikarp?"

I look at the Magikarps behind the salesman and reply, "It's just 500 dollars, I think it's a fair deal."

"Are you sure about this, Ash?" Misty questions. "Magikarp is a Pokémon that only knows the move Splash."

"If you raise it well, it can learn other moves like Hydro Pump, Tackle, and Flail," I explain. "However, I'll give you three times the money if you give me the Shiny Magikarp."

Everyone stares at me in shock. The salesman hesitates but then says, "Yes, we do have a Shiny one..."

"Here's 1500 dollars. Just give me the Shiny Magikarp," I say, giving him a determined look. Reluctantly, he hands over the Shiny Magikarp.

Magikarp: The Fish Pokemon: Water Type. In the distant past, it was somewhat stronger than the horribly weak descendants that exist today.

After purchasing the Magikarp, the salesman quickly flees, leaving us confused. Yellow asks, "Why did he run away so fast like that?"

"Maybe because he's a cheater," I say. "He probably tries to paint the Magikarp gold and cheat others into thinking they're shiny."

"Does that mean our Magikarp isn't shiny after all?" Serena asks, frowning.

I shake my head. "No, our Magikarp is as real as it gets. Just give him a menacing glare and he'll show his true colors."

After a while, Nurse Joy brings Jigglypuff out and announces, "The Jigglypuff is healed."

"That's great," I say. "So, Jigglypuff, can you talk now?"

"I- I can!" Jigglypuff exclaims happily, and she tries to sing. Realizing that Sing is an attack that causes both people and Pokémon to fall asleep, Insey, Serena, and I quickly take out special earplugs that work like the Soundproof ability. Unfortunately, the others fall asleep in the Pokémon Center.

"Hey! Why did they all fall asleep?" Jigglypuff asks angrily, puffing up like a balloon.

"Calm down, Jigglypuff," I say. "You're singing a lullaby. Singing is a hobby for you, that's true, but it's also a Pokémon move that causes people and Pokémon to fall asleep."

Jigglypuff flinches. "Does that mean no matter how I sing, people will always fall asleep? What should I do? I want them to hear my song until the end!"