Chapter 42

We are watching Gary battling his fourth round, but much to our surprise, Gary loses the match as the Golem beats his Nidoking. I was shocked, I say, "I can't believe it... Gary lost..."

"That just shows how tough the competition is..." Serena says.

When we decide to find Gary, he just smiles and says, "That trainer got lucky and I was distracted by how many people cheering for me."

I frown as Gary gets into the car with a bunch of crying cheerleaders. Yellow asks, "Well..."

"I knew it will be happening." I sigh, "He is too full of himself and arrogance can lead to downfall, I just hope that it is a harsh lesson for the mighty Gary Oak..."

"But the good thing is that we don't need to listen to his bragging for the whole tournament now." Insey says as we nod.

My fourth match has begun, and I am facing a girl named Jeanette Fisher, a girl who is also famous with a lot of followers as well.

"I am honored." She says to me. "Same here." I reply back.

I start with Venusaur, while she starts with Beedrill. The Bug-type Pokémon is about to hit Venusaur with Poison Sting, but Venusaur dodges the attack despite having a huge body to move. Venusaur uses Leaf Storm, but Beedrill counters with Twineedle. Venusaur dodges the attack again and she says, "Good! Now Poison Sting!"

Venusaur continues to dodge the attack, and Misty seems to think that Jenette doesn't have any strong Pokemon. I say, "Leech Seed!"

Good thing that the attack hits and Beedrill's energy is sucked up. In the end, I tell Venusaur to use Double Edge, and it finally makes Beedrill faint.

"This one won't be so easy!" Jeanette then sends out her next Pokémon, Scyther. Venusaur launches a Razor Leaf at it, but Scyther uses Double Team to evade the attack. Scyther gets in a few hits before I get the idea to use Vine Whip on all the duplicates. After destroying the copies of the Scyther, Venusaur finally manages to hit the real one, and Scyther is knocked out by the attack.

"Okay, Venusaur." I say. "Two down and there's one to go."

Unwavering, Jeanette sends out her last Pokémon, which is a Bellsprout. I think, "A Bellsprout...with her level, it should have been a Victreebel...I wonder why she didn't evolve her Pokemon..."

Venusaur goes for the Double-Edge, but Bellsprout bends away in a wobble-like matter, and it dodges the attack with ease.

"What happened?" Insey gasps.

"I can't believe what's happening..." Serena adds.

"That Bellsprout is absorbing Venusaur's attacks and sends it back against him!" Brock says.

I am amazed at how Bellsprout manages to use Vine Whip at a heavy Pokemon like Venusaur, and it repeatedly slams him into the ground and knocks him out in the end.

"Oh no!" I decide to go with Lickitung as my next Pokemon. And Lickitung takes a lot of hits from the Bellsprout. With the Wrap attack, Lickitung manages to tie Bellsprout up, and with the Slam attack, Bellsprout is defeated.

After the Bellsprout is defeated, I was surprised to see that my Dad bringing Mark, Gina, Lillie, Alice, and even Professor Oak to the match. "Dad! Professor Oak! You guys have come!"

"We heard about your recent wins. Congratulations on getting into the Indigo Stadium." My Dad says.

"Although Mom has to discuss with Mr. Goodshow, she'll join us with dinner." Gina says.

"Cool." I say with a cheer.

"I'm very proud of the way you battled out there, Ash." Professor Oak says. "Although it is quite a shame that Gary lost the battle."