Chapter 2

y/n swung around the city, without the intention to stop or to go a bit slower. 
In the interval between shooting one web and another, that exact moment was her favorite. 
That moment when she was in the air she was attached to nothing, she felt like she was flying. 
However little that moment could last, it was the thing that made her feel free.
In the last year y/n's secret identity had been discovered only by her best friend, y/b/f, who had died some a couple months ago because y/n hadn't been able to protect her. 
Since y/b/f worked at the Daily Bugle she was the 'official' Spider-Girl's photographer. 
For this she had been targeted by some enemies of Spider-Girl, then she got kidnapped to extrapolate the identity of the superheroine, but when y/b/f had not spoken and had tried to escape, they had killed her with a gunshot.
y/n had found her when it was too late.
From that moment she had promised herself that she would never let anyone get that close to her again. 
As she was lost in her thoughts, suddenly y/n's spider sense went off.
Something wasn't right.
She climbed up a building and looked around for a problem.
-Alright, let's go and see what's up.- she sighed, swinging around searching for the problem. 
After a couple moments y/n noticed some feathers all around. 
They were in every shape and color, on buildings, on the streets, on the cars and some even of the streetlights.
-What the...- she whispered, looking confused at that whole mess.
Then only after some time she noticed a creature with two big wings, but giving it a good look you could see it was a human.
-Spider-Man!- the man called out loud -Where are you? Come out and fight.-
y/n looked at it in complete confusion. 
-No Spider-Man here, sorry man...bird...thing?- she replied not knowing what to call him -Just Spider-Girl here.- 
-I won't fight a girl. Call the original Spider-Man.- he continued, looking around, then he broke free into the air, flying and flapping its wings. 
-What's your name, anyway? Birdman? Wingman? Are you someone's wingman?- she started talking as she swung around, trying to find his weak point. 
-I am not a wingman. I am...- he tried to respond before a web held him down. 
-That wasn't me.- y/n immediately said, looking at her wrists and the web shooter.
-Actually that was me, honey. Sorry.- a stunning black woman on a motorcycle said, rushed over them -Stay down Vulture. I ain't got the will to kick your ass again.-
After having a better look at her, y/n noticed the spider suit.
'What? How is this possible?' she asked herself, trying to rationalize the whole situation. 
-Wait. Are you a Spider-Woman?- she asked.
-You bet I am and I see you are too.- she replied touching the watch she had on her wrist and talking to it -Miguel, I've got him. Here's the location.- then the woman's attention turned again on y/n -Sorry, hun. You okay? He didn't hurt you, did he?- she asked in a calm tone, looking at her up and down. 
-No, no, I'm totally fine.- y/n replied, still not understanding what was happening. 
How was it possible that there was another spider being? 
A few moments later a shadow approached them very quickly. 
But it wasn't a shadow.
It was a tall and muscular man with some scars on his face and, he too, had a spider suit.
'Another Spider-Man? Huh? How many are there around?' she looked at them with admiration. 
Their suits were on a completely next level compared to hers. 
-Good job, Jessica.- he said creating a portal to make Vulture disappear, then looked over to y/n -You must be this universe's Spider-being.- 
-I am, yeah.- y/n nodded -Can I ask you...how it's possible that...y'know...- she tried to speak, without knowing what exactly to ask.
-How is it possible that there are that many of us with spider powers? Ain't that right?- Jessica smiled as y/n nodded -That's what everybody asks.- 
-Wait. Everybody? There are more?- she asked, shocked.
-There's definitely more.- Jessica explained -One of us in every universe. And since there are almost infinity universe almost infinite of us.- 
'A whole place with all Spider-being? All people that can understand how I feel?' she questioned herself. 
-And you found a way to, y'know, travel among universes?- she asked, trying not freak out.
-Yeah. There is a whole group of Spider-Persons.- the woman replied, getting on the motorcycle -Just like me, you, even him.- she chuckled, as Miguel gaver her a death stare. 
-C'mon, Jessica, let's go.- the man said, turning his back and opening a portal. 
-Alright then. It was a pleasure meeting you. Hope to see you again.- the Spider-Woman smiled, turning on the motorcycle. 
-Wait!- she yelled, before they could enter the portal -Can...can I come with you guys? This is not my place.- she begged, taking off her mask. 
Miguel was about to open his mouth, probably to say that it was a bad idea, when Jessica talked before he could, whispering to him. 
-This is the Earth-1804, Miguel.- Jessica made him notice, tapping on the watch -Her canon event was a couple of months ago. She should come with us.- 
-But...- he tried to fight back. 
-You know how rough the months after this type of canon event.- she continued as y/n asked herself what they were talking about and how did they know about y/b/f -She has been Spider-Girl for too little time, she needs to be helped and taught to use her powers.- Jessica said, giving y/n a reassuring smile. 
-Alright. Goddamn...I can't believe I am letting you do this.- he whispered, cursing under his breath -But one condition, you won't be her mentor, you already have a kid to look after.- 
-Then let Gwen be her mentor. She improved incredibly these last months.-the woman continued. 
-She's still staying at that anarchist's place, isn't she?- he asked as he moved to the portal and Jessica beckoned her to follow them. 
-So what's the problem? More people that can relate to her, more people can help her. I don't see problems here.- Jessica said, before entering the portal. 
Next thing y/n know is that she's falling somewhere.