Chapter 21

As Hobie heard those words coming out from her mouth, it was like his world had collapsed.
-What? No, no, no. Absolutely not, darling.- he immediately said, shocked -Why would you think and say such a thing?- he asked.
-That's what I'm hearing.- she replied, hurted -You knew the me of this universe, you two had a good relationship, she died, you saw me and tried to make it up to her by using me.-
-Darling, I can assure you it's not like that.- Hobie said, putting his hand on hers.
y/n stood up and created some distance between her and him.
-Hobie. I don't know how I was in this universe but I'm not her. I'm my own person.- y/n said, turning her back on him.
-I know you're not her, y/n/n, trust me. She couldn't have kept up with you, not in a million years. She was brilliant, kind, and creative. But she wasn't you. And you aren't her. You're more...- he whispered, taking a deep breath, trying to fight the tears -Much more. You're always prepared for everything. You're energetic and enthusiastic. You've got an amazing sense of humor. You're a sunshine in a cloudy day. My sunshine.- he said, standing up, trying to get closer to her -I can't lose you, darling. I won't. Not again.-
Hobie's eyes started watering, not expecting this type of reaction.
If he had lost her, it would have been his fault once again.
y/n also was conflicted between what her brain was saying and what her heart was saying.
-Hobie...I...- she whispered, as tears threatened coming out from her eyes.
-Listen y/n. You're the most brave person I know, in every universe. I'm so lucky I got to meet you, not once, but twice. And both times I created an amazing relationship and then I do something that blows everything off. You don't deserve this. You deserve the best. Because you always make me smile, you care about me, you make me feel special. You, in other words, simply make me happy, darling, and I couldn't ask for anything better.- he said, smiling through tears, looking at y/n -If you don't want to talk to me I'd understand. I just wanted you to know that I truly care about you and always will, but I understand.-
y/n found herself crying and without the strength to face him.
She brought a hand to her mouth, trying to cry in silence.
In that moment a jolt of pain passed through her side, making her knees weak, almost making her lose her balance.
Luckily, Hobie's spider sense sensed it and caught her at the right moment.
He carefully made her sit on the ground, then y/n looked up to him as he knelt in front of her.
-Thanks.- she whispered, as her eyes met his.
His eyes, y/n noticed, were red because of the tears, but she still found him incredibly handsome.
-Careful there. I gotcha, darling. No need to thank me. You okay?- Hobie asked her, as he dried her tears with his thumb.
y/n nodded slowly, as she tried to stop staring at him.
-I'm sorry...- she whispered, feeling guilty about the whole conversation they had -I didn't want us to...fight. I'm sorry, Hobs.-
-Don't apologize, really, there's no need to.- he gave her a reassuring smile, then he wrapped his arms around her, resting his chin on her head.
As y/n rested her head against his chest, she felt his heart beating, that gave her a strange feeling of tranquility.
If it had been for Hobie, he would have stayed in that position forever, with her in his arms.
-Everything is okay between us, yeah?- y/n asked, after summoning the courage to talk.
-Of course, darling. I would never be mad at you. Not for too long anyway.- he gave her a playful smirk.
When they broke the hug, they were facing each other.
y/n found herself looking at his lips and with the desire of kissing him.
She had had that crave other times but had managed to hide it, now with his lips so close to hers it was difficult.
Hobie felt the same way and his eyes were darting between her eyes and lips, that lips that he had longed for quite some time.
Slowly, they found themselves leaning closer to each other, as if a force was drawing them to one another.
Suddenly y/n, caught in a moment of confidence, grabbed the collar of Hobie's shirt making their lips collide.
His eyes opened wide, as he realized what was happening, then he put his hands on her cheeks, not wanting to risk her slipping away from his touch.
As they broke from the kiss, y/n and Hobie looked at eachother, then looked away because of the embarrassment.
-Sorry, Hobie...I didn't mean to...- she said, then as she realized how bad it sounded, she tried to rephrase it -Wait, no...that's not what I meant...-
-Don't worry, darling. I've wanted to do this for a long time.- he admitted, making some blush creeping on her cheeks -I just thought you didn't feel the same.- Hobie explained.
-You're joking, right?- y/n asked, genuinely shocked -Since the first moment I saw you, you caught my eye.- she said, as her cheeks became more red than before, but she did not care at that moment.
All y/n cared about in that moment was that she was happy in Hobie's arms.
-Oh, did I? Really?- Hobie grinned, trying not to bite his lip, both amused and pleased by her words.
There was nothing more that he could have asked for if not just staying there and admiring her and her figure.
Her gaze on him, for Hobie was everything.
-I think this is a good moment to tell you that you're gorgeous.- he smiled with nothing but love in his eyes, moving a strand of hair off her face and tucking it behind her ear -I always thought you were.-
y/n lowered her gaze on her hands, that were still trembling, now for shock given by happiness.
Without knowing how reply, she simply cupped his face and gave him another peck on the lips, which he gladly reciprocated, bringing his hands on her waist.
-I can't believe it...- y/n whispered, caressing his cheek.
-If I had knew this before, I would have kissed you a while ago, saving both of us quite some time.- he said -I'm sorry.-
-Hobs, don't worry, it's useless thinking about it now.- she shrugged -The important thing is that now we both know. Don't you think?- y/n asked, tilting her head a bit.
-Well, yes, darling. You're right.- he nodded -As always. But that doesn't surprise me anymore.- Hobie replied, touching her nose with the tip of his finger -So...does this mean we can sleep in the same bed, without it being awkward?- he said, with a flirty grin.
-Hobart Brown!- y/n yelled, hiding her flush by covering her face with her hands.
-Can I take it as a yes?- he laughed, then he kissed her forehead, then he sat next to her and they spent the rest of that day together, trying to elaborate what had happened in the last few hours.