Chapter 9

After Jessica and Gwen had gone away by getting in that portal. 
Hobie and y/n were alone again.
He couldn't believe what she was going through in such a short period of time. 
First the loss of her best friend, now the loss of her whole universe and everything and everyone she knew.  
-You alright?- he asked, sitting on the sofa next to y/n, that had been sitting there since the two Spider-Women had left. 
He knew she wasn't okay, but it seemed the best thing to ask. 
-I will be, don't worry.- y/n sighed, giving him a small smile -Really. I mean it. It's not the first time, it won't be the last.- he didn't look too convinced but he tried to believe her -If that's okay with you I'm still up for the hangout tonight. I could use a distraction.-  
-Totally.- he smiled, genuinely shocked but tried not to show it -We can do a tour of the neighborhood, to check that everything is under control. Y'know, no villains or monsters of any kind.- Hobie tried to joke it out. 
-That sounds good for me.- y/n smiled. 
Suddenly Hobie stood up and walked over the counter, then walked over the fridge opening and checked what had remained from the previous groceries, since it had been at least a week. 
-Sooo what do you wanna eat? Anything in particular you are hungry for?- he asked, a bit embarrassed -I didn't think I would have guests, sorry.- he continued, closing the fridge. 
-It's totally fine, Hobie, don't worry.- she smiled, standing up -Some pizza should be fine, don't you think?- 
-I was hoping you'd say that.- Hobie smiled, making finger guns at her. 
y/n smiled involuntarily at that scene. 
She didn't know why but she felt a sensation of deja-vu. 
-You should go and buy some groceries, tho.- she gave him a side smile, crossing her arms. 
-I don't really like it, y'know?- he replied, leaning against the counter with his elbows and resting his face on his hands -But I guess I could do it for you.- he grinned playfully -Since you're my guest.-
y/n felt her cheeks rise up a bit as he spoke. 
-Need help to do shopping?- she asked him, laughing a bit. 
-I could use some help, yes.- he smiled a bit -Not today, though. You've been through enough.- 
-I agree, mhmh.- y/n nodded, taking a deep breath, sitting on the pouf near the sofa -Does it bother you if I take one of these books?- she asked, looking at the pile of books that held up the table. 
Hobie looked over the table with a weird look on his face, then he moved his gaze to the girl.  
He couldn't believe what she had just asked. 
-Sure thing.- Hobie replied -I'm just gonna need something to replace it with. When I find it you can have those books.- 
-Don't worry. It's alright. I don't really need them.- she told him with a smile. 
-There's anything you need? Or anything you wanna do?- he asked her as he took his guitar and sat on the sofa. 
-No, not for now.- y/n replied -Actually no, you know what? I'd like to hear you play a bit. Can you?- y/n asked him, with a smile. 
-Oh.- Hobie was quite surprised about her request, it has been quite a while since someone had asked him to play something for them -Do you have any request?- 
-Mh, I really don't know. Pick something you like.- she shrugged, not knowing what to ask him.
-Well, alright then.- he saying, touching his chin as he was thinking about something she could have liked -Ever heard of 'Holidays in the Sun' by Sex Pistols?- 
-Yeah, I'm not much of a punk listener.- y/n wrinkled her nose a little and smiled curiously -But I guess I can get used to it. Go on.- she encouraged him.
-Alright, alright.- Hobie smirked, raising his hands in surrender before starting playing. 
As Hobie plucked guitar strings, playing that song, y/n listened to him with an amazed look on her face. 
She couldn't believe that a person and an object could create such an amazing symphony. 
While he played, Hobie raised his gaze for a second, as he saw y/n's expression, he couldn't help but grin a little, proud that he had been able to impress her. 
As he finished the song, y/n looked at him in complete enthusiasm. 
-That was just amazing. I have no other words for that. I really mean it.- she smiled, getting excited. 
-I'm glad you like it.- Hobie smiled as his cheeks rose up. 
He was used to getting compliments, cause he knew he was pretty damn good, but a compliment from her was something different, was different because he knew she had no ulterior motives. 
How did he know? Well, he didn't, but he felt it was this way.
-You should definitely play in a rock band or something.- y/n suggested to him, looking him in the eyes.
-Actually...I do.- Hobie replied with a fake guilty look -I play with some friends. Sometimes in pubs or when there are events or stuff like this.- he explained. 
-Seriously? That's so cool.- she smiled, imaging him on a stage playing with other people -Did you ever thought about quitting being a Spider-Man and getting into the music world?- 
-I thought about it many, many times, to be honest...but I can't leave this.- he responded, pointing with his gaze at what surrounded him -Too many people count on me. You know what I'm talking about.- 
-Yeah, I...I understand.- she nodded, lowering her gaze, realizing it wasn't the best question to ask.
Hobie noticed the change on y/n's face so he tried immediately to change the subject.
-We should actually play in a couple of days in a pub near here. If you like you can come and see us playing.- he proposed, with a smile ‐Even if you aren't totally a punk fan, you can always learn how to be one.- 
-Thanks for the invitation. I'll think about it.- y/n replied. 
-You're welcome. I think you'll get along with the others.- he said, before standing up and putting the guitar away -What you say if we do a swing around here, I show you some places and we take that pizza?- Hobie asked as he pointed at the window with his gaze.
-I think that's a good idea.- she nodded.
-Then mask up and let's go.- Hobie grinned.
y/n took her suit and went to change in the bathroom, but before closing the door behind her she peeked her head out.
-You should still go and buy groceries, y'know that, right?- she asked, with a playful smile.
-I do, I do.- he replied shrugging a bit -We can go tomorrow if that's okay with you.- Hobie said, risking a bit, but he thought it was worth a shot -So if there's anything you want we can take it. Is that alright?- 
-Yeah.- y/n nodded -Thanks.- she smiled, closing the door behind her and taking a deep breath.