Chapter 13

A while after midnight, Hobie and y/n came home from the patrol. 
It had been a quiet night and nothing worth mentioning had happened.
-I'm gonna go sleep.- y/n announced, taking her mask off as soon as she was in the apartment -And I'm picking the sofa.- 
Hobie sighed, turning to her, while he took off his leather vest. 
-You can take the bed, it's not a problem for me, really.- he replied shrugging.
-Yeah, but I already took it one night. I'd feel bad stealing it from you again.- she replied. 
-Listen here. We can do it in another way. Let's do one night each, one night you, one night I. Sounds good to you?- he tried to bargain -I'd feel bad knowing you're sleeping on the couch being the guest you are.- 
-Then alright. A night each should be fine.- y/n responded with a small nod -But if you want to sleep two or three or four nights in a row in the bed there are no problems, okay?- 
-Totally.- Hobie agreed, knowing perfectly that he would never have done rather he was more likely to use the excuse of going to patrol around at night to get out of the apartment and make her sleep in bed -Now, let's go to sleep. You need some.- 
-You're right, I really need it.- she nodded slightly, suppressing a yawn -My turn to pick the sofa. No arguing about it.- 
-You sure? You can take the bed if you want to.- he replied, not too sure. 
-Mhmh, I'm sure.- she nodded, then she disappeared in the bathroom.
As both y/n and Hobie changed their clothes, they tried to think only about the good things that had happened during the day. 
-Hey y/n, if there's everything you need you just knock at my door, okay?- 
-Got it. Thanks Hobie. I appreciate it.- she smiled as she sat on the couch. 
-You're welcome. You think you'll be needing another blanket?- 
-No, it's fine, thanks.- she replied shrugging -Goodnight Hobie.- 
-Goodnight y/n.- he said, disappearing in his room. 
As soon as y/n was left alone, she started realizing that she was never going back to her universe.
Since she hadn't actually seen her universe collapsing, her brain couldn't fully realize it. 
Slowly the knowledge that she would never see her room or her house again, or even the complaints of her mother when she used headphones in the house. 
But even simpler things like swinging from her house to the building where y/b/f died. 
Among a thought and another, y/n somehow managed to fall asleep. 
But not a peaceful one. 
After a while, y/n had started having nightmares about everyone she knew was dying and she couldn't do anything but stay there and watch them suffer.
The thing that she hated the most was being helpless, when other people were in danger. 
As she started talking in her sleep. 
Hobie had left his door slightly open, just in case she needed anything or to check that all was alright with her.
As he heard her talking in her sleep, he went to check. 
y/n was flinching a little and babbling incomprehensible words to him.
Hobie looked at her, not knowing if he should have woken her up or not, but seeing some tears come down from her cheeks, he decided to wake her.
-y/n. y/n.- he gently shook her shoulders -It's okay, y/n, woke up.- as she started to open her eyes, he made her sit. 
-Mh? What? I...Where am I?-  y/n whispered, looking around, a bit confused, as she wiped her tears.
-It's okay, y/n. You're in my apartment, love. You're okay.- he spoke in a soft voice -You were having a nightmare, weren't you?- 
-Mhmh...- she just nodded, shaking a bit. 
It all felt so real and she hated when it did happen. 
-Take some deep breaths, c'mon. In and out. Good. In and Out. Alright.- he smiled, trying to calm her down -Feel better?- he asked, as y/n nodded, with an unsure smile.
Hobie smiled at her, then walked over the counter and took something that was on the shelf, as y/n heard some water noise.
-What are you doing?- she asked, craning her neck in his direction, trying to see what he was doing.
-I'm making you some tea. It'll help you calm down.- he smiled showing her a mug with the anarchist symbol. 
-You don't have to, Hobie, really. It's okay. I'm okay.- y/n spoke, standing up.
-Na-ah. Go and sit. Wait for the tea.- he said, as his head peacked from the kitchen, while y/n limited herself to raise her hands in surrender.
After some moments, he arrived and handed her the cup, warning her it was still a bit too hot and to be careful.
-Thanks.- she said, taking a sip. 
It was warm and sweet enough, just like she liked it.
-No need to thank me.- he smiled back, sitting next to her. 
They sat in silence for a few minutes, just enjoying the other's presence.
-Can you tell me something about your band?- y/n asked, out of the blue.
Hobie was a bit stunned by her question. 
-What do you want to know?- he asked, not really knowing what to reply.
-How many of you there are outside? What are their names? And stuff like that.- y/n spoke -Since you wanted to tell me about them, here's your opportunity.- she said -If you are not sleepy, let it be clear.- she explained. 
-That's four if us: me, Hobart 'Hobie' Brown, guitarist; then there's Richard 'Chad' Berry, bassist, who you met today; then the two other components remain you haven't met: Theodore 'Teddy' Damon, singer, and Kathryn 'Kate' Star, drummer.- he started talking. 
As Hobie told her some funny anecdotes about some of their concerts, y/n just enjoyed the talk.
Suddenly as y/n laughed so hard that she spilled some tea on her shirt. 
-I'm sorry.- she said immediately, standing up -Did I spilled it on the couch too?- y/n asked in a worried tone.
-Nope, don't worry. Not this time.- he replied, checking the sofa, with a chuckle. 
-This time?- y/n asked, a bit confused -What do you mean 'this time'? It didn't happened before.- 
-I mean this time...now, y'know? Maybe, who knows, you'll spill it again tomorrow and you'll stain the couch.- he replied, after his eyes widened a little -So not this time.- 
-Makes sense. Alright. I'm gonna change real quick.- she said picking a random shirt from the box before disappearing in the bathroom. 
As she left Hobie sighed in relief, realising how close he was to fuck up everything. 
After y/n came back they kept talking until y/n fell asleep, after some moments Hobie fell asleep too.