Chapter 16

As they all walked in, y/n was actually in astonishment as she looked around.
Hobie's gaze softened a little when y/n complimented Kate, who was telling how she renovated the place, making just a few touches to make it livable and a bit less abandoned and spooky.
It was just one big room with some band posters, many speakers, a sofa, some chairs and a coffee table, covered in sheets music with notes on them, notebooks, some glasses and bottles of beers. 
The instruments and all the equipment were in the back of the room, with a lot of wires and three music stands, next to a guitar, a bass, a drum and a microphone stand on a small wooden plane raised above the floor, which was their own personal stage.
It was like a burrow for musicians and y/n love the vibes that gave it off.
-It's...it's amazing, really. I love this place.- y/n said, not being able to express in other words -You took a abandoned warehouse and you created this. You made it almost by scratch. It's just so wonderful, guys.- she said, as her eyes were full of wonder.
The whole band could see with bare eyes that she was being totally sincere.
y/n was the first to see their lair and they were quite satisfied with their job and happy that she liked it.
-I'm so happy you like it. We put all ourselves to make this place worth of a band.- Kate said, proud of their work as she linked her arm with y/n's to show her around.
As Kate walked away from y/n for a moment, just the check her drum, fuming and cursing after Teddy who had leaned over and moved it slightly, making the others laugh a bit.
Hobie immediately took the chance to get closer to y/n, just to make sure she was okay, since he didn't want her to feel out of place, especially not after what she had been through in the past days.
-Whenever you feel it's too much, just tell me and I'll bring you home. Alright?- he whispered, looking over at his friends, making sure no one was listening -Even if we are in the middle of a song, got it?- he said in a serious tone.
-Yeah, thanks a lot, Hobs.- y/n nodded giving him a grateful smile -It means a lot to me, really. You're too sweet.-
-Don't mention it.- he shrugged, then a smirk krept on his face -I'm sure you make it up for all my kindness somehow.- he teased with a wink, as y/n's cheek lit up with embarrassment because of his allusion.
-Hobie, leave that poor girl alone.- Kate called for him, trying not to laugh, seeing her face.
-Yeah man, bring your ass here, pick up your guitar and start play.- Teddy said on the microphone, which made his voice echo around the room.
-Coming, coming.- he said back to the others, glancing over them, then turned to y/n -Sorry darling, I've gotta go. You can just sit, have a beer and try to enjoy the music.- he quickly winked, pointing at the table.
-I'm sure I will, Hobs.- she nodded, looking right into his dark eyes.
As Hobie walked towards his guitar, y/n sat on the sofa, then took a beer and took a sip.
Suddenly Kate took a little remote control and the lights dimmed and the music started very low.
-Hello everyone. We are the Apunkalypse.- Teddy said, pretending to have in front of him a full crowd and not only y/n -Tonight we'll play our usual set list, composed by 'Blitzkrieg bop', 'Pet sematary' and 'I want to be your boyfriend' by Ramones, 'Son of gun' by Nirvana and 'Anarchy in the uk' by Sex Pistols. We hope you enjoy our music.- as he finished talking, y/n applauded, as the others smiled, amused by the whole situation.
The four members started performing and y/n found herself stunned and in complete awe.
Although they all played on the same stage and the same song, an expert eye could notice that it was like each of them had their style, that were all a little different from one another, almost like everyone had their own bubble, which kept separated all of them, but they still had harmony.
After each song y/n clapped while Teddy took a sip of beer to quench his thirst and freshen his throat.
In those brief moments of pause Hobie would look y/n just asking her if everything was okay and she would nod, then as he pointed to the door with a small movement of her head and with her gaze she would respond by shaking her head slightly with a smile.
When they finished playing the songs y/n applauded again and the band took a half bow, giggling.
-How we seemed to you?- Teddy asked, as they got off the stage.
-Were we good?- Chad asked, sitting on a chair and drinking some beer.
-Did you enjoyed it?- Kate asked, taking the place next to y/n and extending her legs until they rest on Chad's.
-Guys, calm down. Let the poor girl breathe. Too many questions at once.- Hobie immediately got in the way, sitting in the only empty seat, which luckily for him, was next to y/n, who found herself surrounded by the band.
-It's okay Hobie.- she smiled, glad he had her back -You looked amazing. Yes, you were extremely good. Yes, I enjoyed it a lot, more than I thought if I can be honest.-
After a quick pause, the band decided to put away their equipment, to prevent Teddy from destroying them by accident by passing them.
-It happened before? I mean that Teddy broke something by accident.- y/n asked, looking at them.
-Once he broke one of my drums by kicking it. And he also broke a drum stick.- Kate said, as she sat on the sofa.
-And a microphone stand.- Chad said, placing a hand on his friend's shoulder.
-Probably my eardrums too.- Hobie appeared behind them -Anyway, you guys hungry?-
-I'm having lunch with my family and some friends of theirs.- Kate said, shrugging.
-Same here.- Chad joined her.
-I'm hanging out with my girlfriend.- Teddy informed them.
-It was amazing meeting you and seeing you play, guys.- y/n said.
-Meeting you was so nice.- Kate said, hugging her, leaving y/n a bit shocked, but happy that she had made some friends -I hope Hobie brings around sometimes. -
-If she wants to, I'll do.- y/n looked at Hobie, who smiled and nodded as he replied.
After they greeted each other, y/n and Hobie came back to his apartment then had lunch.
For the whole afternoon their plan was to swing around and make sure the city was safe, ending up with helping some old ladies with bags or crossing the road, finishing with taking some take-aways for dinner.
At the end of the evening y/n was quite tired.
She sat on the sofa and took off her mask, as Hobie closed the window.
-I'm so tired.- throwing her head back, with a small yawn.
-You alright there?- he asked a bit concerned -Need anything, dear?-
-No, it's okay, thank you.- y/n smiled at him -I just need some sleep, I guess.- she replied.
Hobie looked at her and decided to summon all his courage.
-Alright then.- he said, taking a deep breath -Listen, can I talk to you?-
-Mhmh, yeah.- she replied, yawning and stretching her arms out a bit.
-So...mhhh...I have to talk about something.- he started, scratching his neck -I don't know if you noticed but...ehm...the first time we meet I was acting...a bit weird...well it was because...- he stopped for a second, looking in front of him and not directly at her -Nobody knows about this, not even Gwen or the band...so you're the first...and I hope you don't freak out...so what I'm trying to say is that...before you I knew another you...well I mean the you of this universe...she and I had a great relationship, she was the closest person I had…and it was actually her clothes in that box...I hope this doesn't change anything between us.- seeing that she didn't reply, he turned his head and looked at y/n, who was sleeping by his side.
As Hobie saw her, he couldn't help but to smile a little.
-Maybe this was the best scenario.- he took a blanket and covered her -Goodnight darling, sleep well.- then he gave her a kiss on her forehead, before going to bed.