Chapter 22

y/n woke up as the soft touch of the sheets comforted her while a burning smell filled her nostril.
She sat herself, yawning and scratching the back of her neck.
Standing up and walking towards the kitchen, trying to fix her morning hair, she tried to think what Hobie could be doing so early.
When she saw his back, he was cursing under his breath.
-Morning, Hobs.- she hugged him from behind, resting her head against his back.
He jumped, a bit scared, not expecting her to wake up so soon.
-Oh, morning darling...- he turned, reciprocating the hug and giving her a peck on the forehead -I didn't expect you to wake up this early.- he replied, caressing her hair.
Hobie enjoyed these small affectionate gestures with her in the morning and so did she.
He used his body as a shield to not let her see what he was working on.
-What are you making, dear?- y/n asked, trying to look over his shoulder -Not that I doubt you skills in the kitchen, but y'know...-
-Nothing that you have to worry about, darling.- he said, putting his hands on her shoulders and making her go to sit on the sofa -Just give me a couple more minutes and I'll be with you.- he said, giving her a smile that wasn't that convincing.
-If you need help and I'm not saying you need it, you can tell me.- y/n said, sitting down, tilting her head a bit, trying to spy on the kitchen counter.
-Everything is okay, don't worry, darling.- Hobie replied, sprinting back into the kitchen.
-If you're sure, hun.- y/n smiled at him, not too convinced but decided to trust him.
He looked at the mess he had made on the counter, then tried to make it right.
Hobie had promised himself he would have cooked from scratch some English breakfast for her, so toasts, bacon, eggs, sausages, waffles and to drink he had prepared some hot tea.
The only problem was that he had forgotten he had put the slices of bread in the toaster so that caused the burning smell.
He quickly binned the burned ones and put some fresh ones in there, hoping y/n wouldn't notice.
After the toasts were ready he assembled everything on two plates and the teapot in another place.
The food, in his opinion, looked delicious and he felt particularly proud of himself.
It surprised him since he wasn't used to cooking, especially for other people.
-Darling, close your eyes for me, please?- he asked, taking the three plates in his hands and walking towards the table.
-Alright, Hobs.- y/n replied, not knowing what to expect.
As he placed everything on the table, had a look over to y/n, who was visibly excited.
-When you are ready you can look.- he said, placing a hand on her shoulder.
y/n opened her eyes and as she saw the two full plates, her gaze immediately moved and flew on Hobie.
-You made all these?- she asked, bringing her hand on her mouth.
-Mhmh, I did.- he smiled, proudly -I did it for you.-
-Thank you, Hobie.- she hugged him, kissing him, bringing her arms around his neck -This is awesome.-
-Don't need to thank me, my dear. I did it with pleasure.- he smiled at her, as his hands were on her waist -I don't think I should say this but I burned some toasts and almost burned the waffles.- he admitted, taking a seat next to her.
-I appreciate your honesty, hun.- y/n smiled amused, cupping his face, giving him another kiss on the lips.
Hobie filled their plates with a bit of everything, praying not to have messed up the ingredients.
He carefully observed y/n's expression as she took the first bite.
Her face lit up, as the anarchist let out a relief sigh.
While they ate breakfast, they enjoyed those little moments of normality in their lives.
That, sadly for them, didn't happen often.
Hobie and y/n spent their morning just relaxing and recovering from missions and fighting.
After breakfast they sat on the couch
-How's your wound?- he asked, pointing with his gaze at the side of her abdomen.
-It seems fine to me, yeah.- y/n smiled, as she took a book and rested her head on his shoulder, as she started reading.
-Are you thinking of taking a break from missions?- Hobie asked, resting his hand on her thigh.
-No, I don't think so. I mean I'm okay by far. So no, I'm not taking a break.- she replied, shrugging -Why?-
-Just curious.- he said -Just make sure to tell me in case it starts hurting again. The last thing I want is to see you hurt, darling.-
-Alright, hun. But you don't need to worry.- y/n said, caressing his face.
He looked at her with a fulfilled smile.
Hobie couldn't even imagine what he would do without her by side.
He had lost her once, almost twice, and he had been devastated so it wasn't in his plan.
-Darling, can I say something that's been on my mind for a while now?- he asked, as a sunshine hit his face and his piercing shined, catching y/n's eyes.
-Yeah, sure.- she nodded, raising her gaze and looking into his eyes.
-So...- he cleared his throat, trying to make a complete and meaningful speech -As you may have noticed I have some...feelings for you and from what I have understand it's the same for you.- he winked at her, trying to play it cool -I don't know what it is that made me fall in love with you. Maybe it's your smile, that's one of the first things it's noticeable in you, for how unique it is. Or your eyes, that light up when you see something you like, or like that day when we babysat Mayday. Or it's your brain that is always into something and ready with a plan. Or it's simply your presence that makes me feel complete. Or it's the way you say my name, that is not comparable to anyone else's. Or it's the way you look at me when I play, that makes me feel like you're my biggest fan and I feel so proud like I'm doing something good.- then he stopped, trying to took confuse, then gave her a smugly smile -Y'know maybe I know why I fell for you.- Hobie caressed her face then spoke, as she smiled amused and a bit flushed -So darling, I've been meaning to ask you something...- he said -Will you do me the honor of...of being my girlfriend?- he asked, lifting her chin with two finger.
-Oh, Hobs...- y/n smiled, while a tear was stuck in the corner of her eye -Yes, of course.- she replied, nodding, almost not believing what she was hearing.
y/n jumped on his lap, cupping his face and kissing him, as Hobie's hands held her waist securely and as close as him as possible.
In that moment, for them, the world didn't exist, it was just two normal people just enjoying each other's company.
Not two Spider-persons, just y/n and Hobie.
-Oh god, I love you...- he whispered between a kiss and another, hearing those words made y/n freeze in shock and Hobie thought he went too far -Darling I...you don't have to say it back.- he immediately clarified, with a worried look.
-I love you too, Hobs.- y/n gave him a big smile, kissing him again.
As Hobie heard those words his heart felt much lighter.
That was a day they'd always remember.