Chapter 3

When the three of them arrived at the Spider Headquarters, y/n couldn't believe her eyes. 
'Are you fucking kidding me...?' she asked herself looking around. 
There were something like three hundred Spider-Persons, talking, crawling on the walls or swinging around. 
-So you're telling me all this came from another universe?- y/n asked, trying to keep up with Jessica and Miguel. 
-Mhmh.- the woman nodded -I just warned Gwen, she should arrive in a while.- 
-There are some things you should know, but Gwen will, hopefully, explain all you need to know about the spider verse.- Miguel added, rolling his eyes a bit -Please listen carefully to what Gwen tells. The last thing we need is another person who creates problems. You understand me?- he asked, but his tone didn't require a real answer, it was more of a rhetorical question. 
y/n limited herself to nod, as she was too scared by him to respond, then he muttered something under his breath disappearing in his laboratory. 
-He may look all grumpy but he's got a soft heart, trust me. You just have to learn to know him.- Jessica said with a sad voice, sighing looking in Miguel's direction knowing what he'd been through, then placed an arm on y/n's shoulders, trying to put a smile back on her face -Put your mask on, I'm gonna show a bit around while we wait for Gwen.- she said, shooting a web.
-Alright, let's swing.- she smiled as she followed around the HeadQuarters. 
After a while showing the most important things, Jessica stopped, touching the watch. 
-I warned Gwen, she should be here any seconds now.- 
-Did he too lost someone?- y/n asked the woman, after it had been on her mind since she had met him, as Jessica immediately understood it was referring to Miguel.
Jessica looked around for a moment before replying. 
-We all lost someone. That's one of the thing that make us who we are.- she replied -So if ever feel the necessity of talking with someone about anything, and I mean anything: grief, loss, crushes, problems with suit or power, female issues, if you get what I'm saying, literally any little doubt or question come and talk to me, alright?- she gave a reassuring smile. 
-Thanks Jessica.- y/n, smiling feeling her eyes a bit teary -Can...can I hug you?- 
-You can surely do, hun, come here.- she replied, smiling as her arms wrapped around y/n's body. 
It had been quite some time since someone had shown interest in her wellbeing and her mental health. 
Jessica was a bit worried about y/n, and she was sure also Miguel felt the same way, even if he didn't want to show that part of himself. 
After they broke the hug, Jessica got in touch again with Gwen, telling her to hurry to get there since she was a bit late, getting in response a male voice replying that he 'didn't believe in being late', that left y/n a bit confused as Jessica chuckled. 
The next thing she knew that she saw three Spider-Persons swinging towards them. 
The first had a totally black suit with a red spider painted on it.
The second was white on the top and black on the bottom, with a hoodie.
The third one was the most particular, the first thing noticeable were the pointed studs on the top of his mask, then a black leather vest and patched jeans. 
-Sorry for the wait. Miles made us a surprise.- the girl smiled at Jessica, then when she saw y/n she took off her mask and hold her hand out with a smile -I'm Gwen Stacy, nice to meet you.- 
-Pleasure's all mine.- y/n smile back, shaking her hand.
-You can make the introductions later.- Jessica stepped in the conversation -Quickly explanation. She is Spider-Girl from Earth-1804, she got her canon event a couple months ago.- she started explaining what had happened since they had met -Do you want to mentor her?- the woman asked suddenly -Hobie can help if he wants to.- 
-I don't believe in helping.- the tallest man replied, taking his mask off.
He was a handsome black man, with wicks puffy hair, big lips with various piercings on his face and ears, that made him even more fascinating. 
-Yeah, yeah, Hobie, whatever.- Gwen shushed him -Anyway I'd totally like to help here.- 
-So can I leave her with you? Can I trust you?- Jessica asked, raising her eyebrows a bit. 
-You left me with Hobie, and you worry about her being tutored by me?- she asked, in a fake offended tone, as the other guy giggled a bit. 
-Tonight you'll sleep on the couch.- Hobie mumbled, trying to hold back a smile. 
-Alright then, I'll leave her with you guys, be nice. For anything I'm just a universe of distance.- Jessica smiled -For anything just get in touch with me.- she said giving y/n the same bracelet she had -It's for not glitching if you go into another universe.- 
-I can tell her the rest. Have a good day, bye.- Gwen said to Jessica, taking y/n's by the arm and walking away, followed by the other two boys. 
-I didn't quite catch your name, tho.- Gwen asked stopping, after a moment of chitchat. 
-Oh, sorry, yeah.- she raised her hand in surrended -I'm y/n. y/n y/l/n.- she replied, taking off her mask. 
Gwen and Miles smiled, as Hobie's face made an expression that y/n didn't quite understand. 
His eyes looked at her up and down, with his mouth slightly opened as he looked at her.
Then realizing that he was staring at her, Hobie looked away, hoping no one noticed, but Gwen had noticed it. 
-I'm Miles Morales, by the way.- the younger introduced himself, smiling -And he's Hobie Brown.- he added after seeing that he wasn't going to tell her his name. 
y/n, Gwen and Miles started talking to get to know each other better, while Hobie limited to reply only when Gwen made him notice they were talking with him too.
-Sorry, Gweny.- he had been brought back to reality -Quick question, if she's staying with you, does that mean she's staying at my place right?- he asked, scratching the base of his neck.
He couldn't believe she was going to stay at his place. 
-I guess so.- Gwen replied, shifting her gaze from him to her.
-If that is a problem I can find some place I can rent where you live.- y/n immediately said, worrying to being a weight -I don't want to a bother at all.-
-No, no, don't worry. It's fine, really.- Hobie replied, talking directly to her for the first time since they had met -Let's go home now. I have stuff to do.- 
-Alright then.- Gwen smile -Let's go.-