Chapter 10

Once they were all suited up, y/n and Hobie swung out of the window. 
It was almost night now, the sun was about to set, giving the sky some orangish and reddish tones. 
y/n was following Hobie's lead around the city since she didn't know where to go, not knowing the city well enough to swing on her own. 
As Hobie looked at her swinging around, flawlessly and without problems of any kind, was quite surprise. 
y/n from her part was too busy enjoying the moment to care what he was thinking. 
She heard a lot of people and kids pointing at them and saying things like "Look, mum, two Spider-Persons". 
-Seems like you're getting some fans.- Hobie joked, sticking himself to a building, as y/n did the same. 
They took a moment to observe around just to make sure everything was peaceful in the neighborhood. 
-I guess so.- she replied, looking around, looking at the city trying to memorize the most she could -So your apartment it's over there, while the city hall is just a few blocks over there. Right?- y/n asked, turning her head towards him, trying to take as many points of reference as possible. 
-Mhmh, that's just right.- he nodded -Come with me, I wanna show you some place.- Hobie said, pulling away from the palace and swung away turning his head just to see if she could keep up with him and she could without problem. 
-It's near here, or we have to swing to the other side of the city?- y/n asked, after a couple of minutes. 
-Why? It's too tiring for you? You want me to slow down?- he teased her jokingly, speeding up to challenge her. 
-Just to know. Absolutely not. Not at all.- she replied, speaking up too and keeping up with him, without problems -I can easily outrun you, no doubts.- she talked back. 
-Uh, uh. Someone is getting confident and is trusting her abilities too much.- he continued, more amused than before -Jokes aside, it's just another two minutes, maybe three of swinging. And by the way you swing in a good way. You have a good method.- 
-Oh, thanks a lot.- y/n was quite stunned by the compliment. 
After some moments, Hobie stopped on a building and started climbing up. 
-This way.- he said, pointing the top of the structure with his head -Let's go.- 
As they climbed up, y/n asked herself why that place, but didn't ask anything. 
Hobie, who reached the top just a moment before her, offered y/n his hand, so she couldn't fall, and y/n gladly took it as he hauled her up. 
-Thank you...wow.- y/n said breathlessly, as she looked at the view from that place. 
It was just amazing since from that spot, the whole city was visible. 
-I can see you like it.- Hobie's voice brought y/n back to reality. 
-Yeah...I love it.- y/n said, with an astonished look on her face. 
After a moment of thinking, she took off her mask to have a better view from there. 
Hobie could see y/n's eyes sparkle in a astounded and felt quite proud of himself for being the reason for her surprise. 
-I thought you might have liked it. Let's sit on the edge.- Hobie proposed, following her and taking off his mask too, seeing y/n's expression he decided to tranquilize her -Don't worry, I won't push you down. Promised.- he said, raising his hands in surrender as he talked away from her and sat on the cornice of the building. 
-Alright, alright.- she responded, before taking some steps towards him and having a seat next to him -Anyway even if you push me I could save myself just shooting a webshot and swing away, couldn't I?- y/n asked, frowning her face a little, trying to not laugh. 
-Well, yeah. I hadn't thought about that actually.- he admitted. 
-Anyway, you thought well thinking I would have liked this spot.- y/n said, admiring the city skyline. 
Hobie's gaze was fixed on some point in the horizon, and it didn't seem like he wanted to move it. 
After some moments of silence, he spoke. 
-I really want to apologize for how I behaved yesterday. You didn't deserve that.- he said, leaning his head back -All we Spider-being should stick together and help each other. There is no excuse for what I've done, and I feel really bad about that.- 
y/n looked at him with a small smile, feeling a bit guilty because in her mind, if he was feeling bad was, in a way, her fault. 
-Don't start. I already told you. Everything is fine. Apologies accepted even if not needed.- she responded.  
-They were needed. I was a douchebag.- he said, turning his head to her. 
-I won't say douchebag. I mean someone arriving out of the blue and living in your house, I would have been a bit of a douchebag too.- she shrugged her shoulders. 
-So everything is fine? No hard feelings?- Hobie asked, his tone was more relaxed now.
-Totally fine, yes.- y/n nodded, with a smile to reassure him -Anyway if someone needs to apologize, that's me for arriving so suddenly. I swear another couple of days, and then I'll be out of your hair. I'll find some apartment and I'll leave you alone.- 
-There's no need to go.- Hobie said softly -I mean it. You can stay as long as you need. I owe you this after what I said yesterday.- 
-You don't have to do that, you know it, right?- she preferred to clarify. 
-I want to do it. I would feel better with myself.- he responded, with a small grin -You really want to take away my one chance to make it up to you? Are you that mad at me?- he teased her, while his legs dangled in the air. 
-Not mad, just don't want to be a bother to you. That's all.- she replied. 
-No bother, really.- Hobie gave her a smile -For what it matters I like having someone around to talk to, especially now that nobody can move from their own universe.- as he spoke y/n's gaze got darker. 
-I still can't believe my home doesn't exist anymore.- she whispered -If I hadn't followed Jessica and Miguel here, all those people would still be alive. That's all my fault. I'm the worst superhero in the whole multiverse.- 
-That's not true, don't say it.- Hobie immediately said -You didn't know what could have happened. Don't blame yourself, y/n.- 
-I can try. But in the end I still think it's my fault. I should be angry I followed them and met any other Spider-Person.- she responded -The problem is that I'm not. Part of me is happy to know I'm not alone in this world.- 
Hobie couldn't help but smile a little, glad that, at least in part, it wasn't such a bad situation.