Chapter 14

When Hobie woke up, realizing he wasn't in his bed, had to blink a few times to focus everything that surrendered him.
As he felt a weight on his shoulder, he turned his head, yawning a bit.
When he saw y/n asleep there on his shoulder, his cheeks rose up a bit.
Slowly he started to realize what had happened last night.
After remembering the fact that y/n had a nightmare and that he helped her, smiled involuntarily at that little contact.
It had been a while since he lived with someone.
The last person was Gwen but since she had reconciled with her father, she didn't spend many nights at his place anymore.
y/n was sleeping so peacefully, Hobie tried his best to stay still to not wake her up, since she had a rough night because of the nightmare.
He couldn't help but stare at her as she slept, contemplating her beauty.
Some moments after y/n woke up, yawning and stretching out.
-Morning, morning, darling.- Hobie smiled as she opened her eyes.
-Oh, goodmorning Hobie.- she saluted him, as y/n saw that they were both on the sofa, she managed to make two plus two -Did I fall asleep on you? Oh, I'm so sorry.- she said, embarrassed and mortified about falling asleep on him.
-Nothing to worry about, y/n.- he grinned, trying -I didn't mind.- he teased her -You slept well?- he asked, standing up, wanting to have some breakfast.
-Mhmh, I did.- she admitted nodding, standing up too -Did you, tho?-
-Yeah, I already told you, I didn't mind it.- Hobie replied, grinning -There's anything in particular you want for breakfast?- he asked.
-Mh...I don't know. Anything's fine with me.- she replied, with a shrugg.
-Would you like to eat here and go and have breakfast outside?- he asked, standing behind the counter.
-I'll leave that up to you, Hobs.- y/n's hands rose up in surrender, at that nickname Hobie froze for a second -Can I call you that? I feel like it suits you.- she smiled, unaware of the emotions it had caused in Hobie.
-I mean...if you like it, you can.- he tried to play it cool -Anyway, we're gonna eat out.- then his phone rang and he read the message -Forget that, apparently we're gonna eat with the band, then we'll have rehearsal.- he said, raising his gaze from the screen -If you're okay with it, obviously. I don't want to leave you alone after...- he took a small pause -Everything that had happened.-
y/n from one hand was glad Hobie didn't want to leave her alone, but from the other she didn't want to be a weight for all of them, since she didn't know much about band and music.
-It's really no big deal, Hobs.- y/n replied -If you assure me I won't be a bother to you or the others.-
-No, actually, quite the opposite. We'd like some feedback from someone who isn't in this kind of music.- he replied with a smile -I mean it. Plus you've already met Chad and it wasn't that bad, right?-
-Yeah, alright. You convinced me.- y/n nodded -I'm gonna get changed then.-
-You should wear that black jacket, it would be pretty much in the mood, y'know?- Hobie suggested.
-I think I will. That's a good idea.- she replied, after thinking about it for a moment -Thanks Hobs. for everything.-
Almost, without realizing it, y/n quickly walked to him, who was still behind the counter, and hugged him.
She didn't know why of that action, but in that moment it felt like it was the right thing to do.
Hobie instead, taken by surprise, reciprocated after an initial moment of shock.
-No need to thank me, darling, really.- he replied, with his arms around her shoulders as her arms were around his chest.
After some moments, when they broke the hug, Hobie felt like he was brought back to reality.
-It's better if we start to get ready, we don't want to make them wait, do we?- y/n said, as she started to walk towards the box to pick something to wear.
-Mh? Oh, yeah, absolutely.- he replied, as his gaze followed every little gesture and movement she did, until she disappeared in the other room.
In that moment Hobie let out a loud sigh, placing his hands on the counter and lowering his head, taking a deep breath.
A part of him mentally cursed himself for being like this, the other part, which was more comprehensive, thought it was normal and okay feeling like that.
After getting himself back together, he quickly changed into more appropriate clothes.
-I'm ready.- y/n announced walking out of the room, the very next moment Hobie arrived too.
-Then let's go to the band.- he smiled trying to reassure her -The place is like a kilometer away, walk or Harley?- he asked with a half grin.
-What about we swing around?- she suggested, with the most angelic face she had.
-y/n, really?- he asked, raising an eyebrow, trying his best to keep a straight face.
-Please, we can put masks on and no one will recognise us.- she begged.
-You know we can't, y/n/n.- he replied.
-Alright.- she snorted a little irritated, but understood the situation -Then can we take the Harley?-
-Sure thing, darling. Let me get the keys and the helmets.- Hobie smiled as he got what he needed before leaving the apartment.
-There's anything I need to know about them? Like things I shouldn't say or joke about. Literally anything.- y/n asked Hobie, as they walked, not wanting to make a fool out of herself in front of his friends.
-I don't think, no. They're actually very chill persons so you shouldn't have problems.- he replied as they walked towards the Harley -Just be yourself
-You're not helping me, y'know?- she said, laughing nervously.
-Yeah, I'm sorry, but I'm sure everything will be fine.- Hobie shrugged, putting on his helmet and handing the other to her.
As they drove to the place of the date, there were three people standing there, visibly waiting for someone.
They were all black or mixed persons, either with braids or buzz cuts.
-Big H, hey.- Chad saluted him -Hey y/n, glad to see you again.- he smiled at her.
-Hey guys.- Hobie replied, getting off the Harley and helping y/n to get off too.
-Hi Chad, glad to see you too. Hey everyone.- she greeted back.
-So, everyone meet y/n. y/n meet Chad, Teddy, and Kate.- Hobie made the introductions, as he secured the helmets to the Harley.
One at the time all of them introduced properly.
-Let's go inside I'm starving.- Kate said, turning her head to the building, as all the others agreed.
y/n took a deep breath before entering, after Hobie gave her a reassuring smile.
-You're doing great.- he whispered to her.
-Thanks.- she smiled back.