Chapter 12

As they got out of the pub, y/n noticed the sun had now completely set, leaving to the moon the main spot in the sky. 
-Now that we're out, I can ask this.- he said, leaning against the motorcycle with the two helmets in his hands -Did you like it? You want to think very carefully before you give me an answer.- he asked, trying not to let himself laugh. 
-Are you serious?- she responded, tilting her head a bit, trying her best to keep it together. 
-Oh yes, dead serious. Your life now depends on the answer.- he said, as he put on y/n's head the helmet, then he put his on.
-It was very good, and I meant it, seriously.- she replied as Hobie got on the motorcycle -Not because I'm scared you'll leave me here.- 
-Good to know. That's the answer I wanted.- he smiled, letting y/n get on the vehicle too. 
-I didn't think you needed anyone's approval.- y/n took the opportunity to tease him.
-I don't need it.- he replied, in a fake offended tone, trying not to smile -But I care about it.- he replied -Anyway, sorry for Chad, I didn't think he was going to show up.- he continued as her arms wrapped around Hobie's torso. 
-It's not that big of a deal, I mean, he was nice, so it wasn't a problem.- she replied, looking at the city lights that in the night lit up everything. 
This city was familiar in some ways, but still was unknown by other aspects  and this thing triggered y/n a bit, but it wasn't like she could do anything to stop this feeling. 
-Well, yeah, he is. But I would have preferred telling you about my band before you met them, y'know just to avoid awkward situations.- he explained -But I guess sometimes things don't go as planned, but it's okay.- 
-That's very sweet of you, Hobey, thanks.- y/n smiled involuntarily.
-It's nothing, really.- he responded just shrugging a bit, trying to play it cool. 
After some moments of driving, they eventually arrived in front of Hobie's condominium.
As before, Hobie got off the Harley and helped y/n get off by offering her his hand, which she took without thinking twice. 
-My savior. What would I do without you?- y/n joked, teasing him with a smile. 
-Probably nothing, darling.- Hobie replied with a grin, looking at her directly in the eyes.
y/n's heart skipped a couple of beats as her cheeks rose up.
Hobie, seeking her reaction, smiled, a bit pleased by himself. 
After they walked into the apartment, they both changed into more comfortable clothes.
-I should really thank your friend for the clothes. She has great style.- y/n commented sitting on the couch.
-Anyway you want to watch something on the TV? Or talk, I don't know.- he said -Or go to sleep. It's been a pretty dense day.- he added. 
y/n sat on the couch and thought about it for a second before replying. 
-I think I'll go to sleep in a bit. It's still early now.- she replied, crossing her legs and and placing a pillow on her lap -Do you usually do any night patrols or something like that?- she asked trying to understand his habits -The last thing I want is to mess up you routine.- 
-Don't worry about me, I can handle some small changes,  dove.- he said with a wink, sinking in one of the poufs next to the sofa -Now, jokes aside, really don't worry about my routine, I'm pretty flexible.- 
-Good to know.- she responded, trying not to give weight to the nickname -Yet still I'd like to know if there are things that bothers or upset you, or things you'd prefer I didn't do. Y'know, just I don't want you to do something wrong.- 
-There is pretty much nothing you can do that bother me and I meant it.- Hobie replied -Well, of course if you're a communist or a nazi or fascist.- he tried to keep a straight face, but the corner of his mouth betrayed him -Seriously tho, there is nothing wrong you can do here, alright? This is a safe place.- he smiled warmly at her. 
-Thanks Hobie, really. I can't thank you enough for this.- 
-You just did, seriously. You don't need to thank me anymore.- he gave her a reassuring smile -Now, if you want, we can go patrolling together if you feel like it. If you don't feel it that's okay too.- Hobie immediately added. 
-I think it'll help me, yeah. I used to patrol almost every night.- she said, with a bit of nostalgia.
-Then grab your suit and we can go.- he smiled pointing at the window. 
-Why don't we just put on our masks and patrol like that? It will be more easy.- y/n said, not having any will to change again and trying to convince him. 
-There's absolutely no way I'm going out without my suit.- Hobie said, almost shocked by her idea -And there's no way I'm letting you go without your suit. You could get hurt without it.- 
-I could also get hurt with my suit on. It doesn't really matter.- she replied, shrugging a bit. 
-You serious?- he gave her a deadass serious stare -You can't be serious right now.- 
-Oh, I am. If someone shoots me I get the bullet, if I have the suit or not. Or am I wrong?- y/n replied, trying not to laugh. 
Hobie looked at her not knowing what to do or say, without bursting into a laugh. 
-Alright then. You've got a point. You do, really. But still, I can't let you go out without a suit. You got it?- he asked with a half grin, turning his head to the window -So, do you want to go or not? If the answer is yes, put your suit on.- 
-You're boring, you know that?- y/n replied, sighing loudly -Alright, gonna be back in five.- y/n said disappearing in the other room. 
Hobie looked at her until the door closed almost like he was scared she was going to fade away and when she came back, a few minutes later, his gaze didn't leave her for a moment.