5. the tell

✩☙♑︎✾☼❦★// the tell— five

✩☙♑︎✾☼❦★
// the tell
— five

"DAD! HAVE YOU SEEN THE— FORGET IT, I FOUND IT." Eliana walked down into the basement of her home when she decided to have a sleepover at the last minute with Cassandra who was currently up in her bedroom painting her nails.

She switched on the lights, watching them flutter for a moment before she walked down the stairs, rubbing her arms looking around the dozen of box's stack in a pile in a corner. "Dad?"

Corey turned his head to his daughter calling him, he waited for a second until he heard it again and walked over to the basement door. "What happened? What are you looking over?"

Eliana peered up to him from the bottom and waved him down. "I was looking for the bedazzler, Cassie and I found some old jean jackets in my closet and wanted to add some color."

Corey nodded helping her look through the boxes, Eliana searched through the other boxes when she came across a rather interesting looking box with one single tape across the top and her grandmother's name on it, without thinking twice she peeled the tape back and took a look inside.

After a moment looking through the box, she found a heavy thick book, a black box that she had yet to look though and a necklace with a ruby stone on it. "El, I found that bedazzler you were looking for." Corey walked away from the boxes, dusting off the machine. "I see you found your grandmothers stuff."

Eliana nods holding the gem necklace up to the light. "Yeah, why is this all in here? And why isn't it with her at her house?" Corey knew that someday he would be the one at some point to tried to explain to his daughter about her witch heritage, he just didn't expect it to be so soon.

"Well, you know your grandmother was never one to keep her stuff in one place for to long, she uh, she wanted me to give you the box when you turned eighteen but I guess she doesn't need to know I gave it to your two years early."

Eliana smiled shaking her head. "What's was she? A witch? Psychic?" She laughed a bit putting the necklace back in the box along with the book and the black box. "Or was she like obsessed with spirits and she wants me to inherit from her."

Corey cocked his head placing the bedazzled inside the box. "We can talk some other day, okay? Go and enjoy your sleepover." He smiled watching his daughter ran up the stairs with the box in her arms. When did she grow up so fast.

✩★✩

"Just a friendly reminder, parent/teacher conferences are tonight." Mr. Harris announced to the class. "Students below a C average are required to attend. I won't name you because the shame and self-disgust should be more than enough punishment."