30. motel california

✩☙♑︎✾☼❦★// motel california — thirty

✩☙♑︎✾☼❦★
// motel california
— thirty

ELIANA BROUGHT DEREK BACK TO HIS PLACE WHICH WAS A STRUGGLE FOR THE MOST PART. Eliana had kept a first aid kit in the loft for emergencies like this, she ripped the rest of his shirt to reveal the giant claw mark on his stomach, she knew it was deep and pulsing.

"How bad?" Derek spoke raspingly. Eliana gulps peering down at him then to his stomach.

"Honestly? I would be freaking out and yelling at your for being to reckless but— you're bleeding black blood." Eliana exclaimed looking back to the male. "Derek? You're not dying on me now."

She laid her head on his chest, pleading to feel a beat of his heart when she did, she exhaled in relief. "Okay, good, you're just sleeping. You'll sleep and I'll patch you up, okay?"

Eliana stood up and grabbed the first aid kit from underneath the kitchen table and grabbed a cloth with a bowl filled with warm water and walked back to Derek. She sat on her knees beside his body and removed his shirt having no use in it.

She started with dapping his cut with the warm cloth, soaking up the blood before squeezing out the bloody cloth into the second empty bowl. She pulled out a sterile gauze pack and teared it open, her calm hands pressed the cloth to his bloody stomach, wiping away the blood that didn't get soaked up.

She reached back into the box and pulled out the small kit with stitching needles and synthetic thread, and began stitching up his stomach, there were three deep cuts that she knew would take time to recover if she didn't stitch him up.

She turned to the large windows not noticing how dark it's gotten, she was on the last cut but needed some light. She looked around the loft spotting some candles and lit them up with a single blink of her eyes and she smiled.

Eliana kept her mind busy by humming to a tone of a song, keeping her mind off the silence roaming around the loft, needing something to fill her empty mind.

Once she finished stitching him up, she wrapped a gauze on his stomach making sure it stayed on. She put everything away and grabbed the bowl and walked back into the kitchen, putting everything back in it's place.

✩★✩

Derek woke with with a low gasp. Eliana turned away from the raining weather to Derek as he slowly moved to the edge, sitting up. "Are you sure you want to do that?"

Derek barley looked at her when he tried to stand, he gave up and exhaled. "I have to find the others." He said staring at the ground. "They think I'm dead."