27. fireflies

✩☙♑︎✾☼❦★// fireflies— twenty seven

✩☙♑︎✾☼❦★
// fireflies
— twenty seven

LYDIA MARTIN DIDNT KNOW WHY SHE ENDED UP AT THE POOLS BUT WHEN SHE DID, SHE FOUND A BODY, A DEAD ONE. She called her best friend, Eliana and Stiles right after she called the police.

"Lydia? Lydia?" Stiles immediately got out of the car rushing towards the girl. "Lydia, are you okay?" Eliana walked over to her, rubbing her arms comfortably.

"I'm okay." Lydia says nodding. "That, over there..." her gaze trailed up to the dead body sitting on the lifeguard seat. "Not okay."

"Yeah, all right. I'm gonna call my dad." Stiles says bringing out his phone.

"I already called 911." Lydia mentions meeting his gaze.

"You called the police before you called me?" Stiles questioned. Lydia furrows at him. "I'm supposed to call you first when I find a dead body?"

"Yes!" Stiles yells.

"Cool it, and call Scott." Eliana tells him, Stiles sighs dialing the werewolf. "Hey, uh, Lydia found a dead body and we believe it must have been Boyd or the other girl— yep, throat ripped out, blood everywhere. It's like the frickin' shinning over here. Two little twin girls come out of the woods start asking me to pay with them forever and ever, I'm not gonna be surprised."

"Can you get a little closer to make sure it was them?"

"Make sure it was them? Scott, who else is going around ripping throats out?" Stiles questioned.

"Please, just do it."

Stiles exhaled looking back at the two girls before slowly moving towards the body, he looked beneath them slowly to his hand noticing a ring.

✩★✩

"You didn't have to follow me home." Lydia says as soon as they entered her bedroom after leaving the pool. "I just wanted to make sure you got in okay." Stiles says shrugging.

"I had a police escort." Lydia mentions sitting down on her bed.

"I know the inner workings of that police force, all right? They not nearly as reliable as people think." Stiles exclaims, side-glancing Eliana for some back up.

"He's not completely wrong." Eliana says crossing her arms. Lydia hums her head turning to them. "Well, you also didn't have to follow me into my room. Annie's fine cause she's been here before."