32. visionary

✩☙♑︎✾☼❦★// visisonary— thirty two

✩☙♑︎✾☼❦★
// visisonary
— thirty two

DEREK HALE HAD BEEN MISSING FOR TWO DAYS NOW, NO ONE KNEW WHERE HE WENT, HE JUST DISAPPEARED. Eliana and Stiles were currently at Derek's loft with Cora keeping the girl some company, the young werewolf then began telling them the story about Derek and the hunters.

"They were there for two days, waiting, hiding. That's what we're taught to do when the hunters find us—" Cora explained looking out the large windows. "Hide and heal."

"Okay, is this two days standard, then. Or are we thinking Derek's on like, some extended getaway?" Stiles asked the girl.

"Why do you care?" Core turned around to face them.

"Why do I care?" Stiles mumbles. "Well, let's see, because over the last few weeks my best friend's tried to kill himself, his boss nearly got ritually sacrificed. A girl that I've known since I was three was ritually sacrificed. Boyd was killed by Alphas, I— you want me to keep going? Cause I can, all right? For like an hour."

"You think Derek can do anything about that?" Cora questioned walking down towards him.

"Well, since he's the one everyone seems to be after. It's more like he should do something about it, yeah." Stiles says shrugging.

"I don't know." Cora says leaning against the table. "There's something different about him now. He wasn't like this when we knew him."

Eliana furrows looking over to the girl. "What was he like?" Cora turned back to the stairs. Peter Hale came down upon hearing the witches question. "A lot like Scott, actually. A lot like most teenagers— unbearably romantic, profoundly narcissistic, tolerable really only to other teenagers."

"And so what happened? What changed him?" Stiles asked him moving forward towards the table and Eliana stood up from the couch, following his lead.

"Well, the same thing that chances a lot of young mind... a girl." Peter says nodding. Stiles squints cocking his head. "You're telling me some girl broke his little heart? That's why Derek is the way he is?"

"Do you remember Derek before he was an Alpha? Had blue eyes?" Peter says looking between them. "Do you know why some wolves have blue eyes?"

"I just thought it was like a generic thing." Stiles exclaims.

"If you want to know what changed Derek." Peter explained. "You need to know what changed the color of his eyes."

✩★✩

"Okay, so if Derek was a sophomore back then, how old was he?" Stiles asked Peter, looking over to the older man seated on the couch, Cora, Eliana and Stiles pulled up some chairs and sat down. "How old were you? How old are you now?"