37. anchors

✩☙♑︎✾☼❦★// anchors— thirty seven

✩☙♑︎✾☼❦★
// anchors
— thirty seven

ELIANA HADNT BEEN DOING VERY WELL WHEN IT CAME TO SLEEPING. For the past few weeks, the poor witch would wake up gasping for air from the nightmares that would scare her awake, she didn't understand where they were suddenly coming from.

The morning when she woke up four hours before school, she decided to rearrange her bedroom, like any teenage girl would do at three in the morning. Her dad had returned back from Louisiana, he had talked to her about the supernatural world and everything she needed to prepare for.

Eliana didn't understand why he was suddenly mentioning the supernatural when she's been living in it her whole life. Corey knew about werewolves, Kanimas his whole life, he's had friends who were part animal. He never judged them for it either.

Corey knows that having a witch daughter would mean having to protect her from this horrible world they live in. He spent his time in Japan that summer when he said he was in Louisiana because he didn't want his daughter to worry and the only person who knew about his whereabouts was Deaton.

"Good morning...honey? Uh, how long have you been up?" Corey had woken up early in the morning when he heard a loud thump come from above his head when he was making his coffee and decided to go check in his daughter, though he didn't expect to find her in a middle of moving her desk.

Eliana exhaled spinning around towards the voice. "Yeah, I couldn't sleep, so I decided to keep my mind busy by rearranging my bedroom." Corey nodded eyeing the pile of books stacked in the corner.

"Are those your grandmother's grimoires?" Corey pointed back to the two visible noticiable bola hidden between the other books. "I thought I told you I didn't want you going back to her?"

Eliana groaned throwing her stuff animals back on her bed. "Dad, I haven't gone to seen her in about two months and but we have been calling though phone because I worry and care about her, she's much older and I would hate myself if I didn't call her everyday to check up on her."

Corey hums crossing his arms. "You know what, you're right, I shouldn't be telling what you can't do, okay? Just— please be careful when your reading th-that thing, please." Eliana furrowed cocking her head. "Just promise me, Eliana."

The girl nodded slowly. "Yeah, I promise dad."

Corey exhaled and smiled. "Good, now get dressed, you have school in thirty minutes."

✩★✩

Eliana decided to walk to school that day, not trusting herself behind the wheel. When she arrived to school, she immediately found her place in history class noticing the unfamiliar face of the new teacher.