SIXTY - ONE: over baking

billie

"billie how do you feel now that you've become a millionaire overnight?" a reporter shoved a mic into my face. "when did you and miss astor first share a conversation?" the other one said. "how are you dealing with all the sudden fame?" "what's your favorite thing about your partner?" they were all yelling at me at the parking lot of my work place. is this even legal?

the bodyguard got me in the building safely, i took my phone out to inform v and my mom. they were both worried this would happen. me going from barley getting by the month to being a millionaire overnight broke the news as soon as the money and properties were in my name. it wasn't supposed to be like that, someone leaked this shit. i didn't even tell anyone at work about this, let alone some of my close friends.

"you okay? did anyone push you, hurt you out there?" indra asked. she's been doing that for a couple days now, cause this is not the first time paparazzi were out there, but today the bunch have doubled in size and now actual reports are waiting for me out there.

"i'm fine." i assured her.

"the fucking police say they can't do shit about this." liam sighed, walking up to us.

"maybe i should sue them for a couple more millions." i joked, walking into my office.

"billie. what's this out there? do you know how unprofessional that is? you're causing a scene at a work place, it's highly inappropriate!" eliza stomped my way.

"respectfully." i took a deep breath. "who lied to you and told you i wanted them here? trust me i want them gone more than you do. they've been following me everywhere i go."

"you can not have this man standing around the floor all day long either." she pointed at the body guard.

"there is nothing in my contract or the company policy that says i can't bring a bodyguard for my own safety." i shook my head.

"do not talk back to me!" she yelled.

"you're making an unnecessary scene, and you're making a fool out of yourself. maybe you should go to your office and cool down." i advised her.

"we're not done here." she walked away.

"i don't know how much more of her bullshit i can take." i sighed and immediately put on my airpods and started working.

after i don't even know how many hours, i decided it was time for my break. i took out my lunch box mama packed me and went into the break room. i opened the box up and started eating the fruits she had cut up for me while watching tiktok.

"yeah i don't know why she's still here, if i were her. i would have quit my job a long time ago, i'd be tanning on yacht or something." i heard a women say.

"did you hear eliza yelling at her today? it was wild." the other one laughed.

"no i got here late, cause the media people have been creating traffic the whole week. i wanted to avoid them today." the first one said.

"i might start doing that too, it's getting out of hand." they both walked in. i pretended like i didn't hear any of what they said, i had my airpods on. they both took their green juice from the fridge and left.

"hey, we're talking to eliza after work. adler is going to join me." indra let me know. "sorry we didn't do it sooner."

i turned off my phone and took off my airpods. "it's not your fault eliza is being cruel." i shook my head.

"well try to keep your head held up high, things will get better soon." she told me.

"hopefully." i sighed, started to pack my things up again to go back to work. i'd like to have minimal human interactions today.