Chapter 26 |:| The way you look at her 

Hi :3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n pov

My face went blank and i sent Leon an annoyed glare.

"Yeah...no, im gonna make sure Raihan doesnt die in his sleep. Good luck!"

Leon gave me Lillipup eyes, "youre choosing him over your own brother?" He leaned in.

I slipped down to my knees and lifted Raihans head to rest on my lap. Eevee hopping down from its perch onto the grass "Yes. Because my brother isnt unconscious on the ground. Now go chase your dragon, its getting away" i said, nodding towards the small pokemon that was making its escape.

"GAH! COME BACK!!" Shouted Leon, chasing after it into the tall grass.

Letting out a slight laugh, i shivered as a breeze swept past. After all, i was still in shorts and a sports bra.

Noticing that Raihan had his hoodie tied around his waist, i manoeuvred over to slide it out from under him, its not like he was using it.

I sighed in relief as i tucked myself into the large garment. It was cozy, and i realized with a blush that it smelled like him.

"So...much"

"Mmmph, what happened...?" Groaned Raihan, shifting to feel the back of his head.

His face reddened when he realized it was resting on my thighs.

"Oh...hey, youre awake..." i said quietly, blinking down at him, an obvious blush on my face.

He brought his head up to level with mine, "um...what happened? And why are you wearing my hoodie?"

"A-ah, right, sorry, uh, i was cold, and you got knocked out by the Axew that fell-"

"AXEW?!! WHERE!!??" He shouted, getting even more in my face.

Realizing our moment was over, i deadpanned, "Leons chasing it." I said flatly.

"WHICH WAY?!" He demanded.

With a glare, i begrudgingly pointed in the direction my buffoon of a brother ran towards.

And with that, Raihan was off.

*sigh* "i need to get my feelings for him under control. Theres no way he feels the same." I muttered to myself. Eevee put a paw on my leg and looked up at me in confusion.

"Hah, you probably dont understand what unrequited feelings are do you?" I chuckled, picking it up.

"Eev!" It squeaked.

"Oh well, i guess we're going swimming alone i sighed."

"I have a lot of thinking to do anyways, and it's probably best if i did it alone"

Raihans pov

I sprinted off towards where Y/n pointed. Arceus i needed to get OUT of there!!

Once i was out of sight, i stopped running and plopped down onto the grass, hiding my face in my hands.

"OH. MY. ARCEUS"

"My head was on her thighs"

"MY HEAD. WAS ON. HER THIGHS."

Theres NO way i fell on her like that, right? She had to have put me there....RIGHT?!!

Did she like me back...?

Or was she just being nice.

Probably the latter option, unfortunately, but i hadnt even recalled the best part.

"She was wearing my sweater" i breathed. It looked to oversized and ADORABLE on her holy Arceus.

This is why i had to run off, i couldnt be overheating like this right in front of her! Surely i would do or say something dumb, or worse—she couldve found me out!

"That was way too close!"

"What was way to close? Hmm?" Hummed a voice behind me.

"AHH!" I jumped. Bouncing to my feet and whirling around face the voice, relaxing when i saw Leons face.

"Dont sneak up on me like that!" I scolded.

"Wheres y/n?" Asked leon, looking around as if expecting her to be with me.

"Oh, shes back at the lake i think."

"YOU LEFT HER??"

"Chillax! She has her pokemon!!"

"Still-! Wait...then who were you talking to?" He asked.

"UM, Nobody! Just myself! About nothing! Dont worry!" I stumbled.

Leon narrowed his eyes at me.

"I know when youre lying"

"Is this about y/n?" He pressed, drawing closer.

I gulped. Surely it would be a horrible thing for him to know right?

After all he's my best friend.

So couldnt i tell him?

"Leon i- i want to tell you something but...i feel like you wont want to be my friend anymore" i swallowed, staring at my shoes.

Leons demeanour softened ten-fold and he placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Now thats just ridiculous" he chuckled. "You can tell me whatever you want, depending on what it is, i cant promise i wont be mad but nothing would ever come between our friendship-"

"Ithinkiminlovewithyoursister!" I spilled, everything coming out as a jumbled mess, my cheeks were undoubtedly red at this point.

Leon froze.

...

A pang shot through my heart, he was mad, of course he was mad! I shouldnt have said anything!! Now things will never be the same.

Did i just ruin my friendship with leon?!

My eyes watered at the thought.

Finally Leon spoke. His hand fell from my shoulder, and returned to his side. "Well."

He was bristling, but once he saw my eyes, and the way they threatened to spill tears, he hesitated on what he was going to say.

"I....ugh" he shook his head, trying to find the words.

"You hate me" my voice cracked as my tears welled over, spilling over my cheeks.

Leons head shot up. "No! I could never! I just...i dont know what to feel right now. But Raihan i dont hate you! Im just sorry that you felt as if you couldnt tell me sooner" he gushed, bringing me in for a hug.

Relief washed over me, Leons the best friend anyone could have, im so lucky to have him.

I squeezed him tight and let my remaining tears be dried by his shirt.

"Honestly, i kinda figured" he muttered, pulling away.

"Y-you did?!"

"Im not blind, i see the way you look at her. I guess i just...didnt want to believe it because—ack! The whole thing makes my brain hurt!" He tousled his hair.

"Hah, i know the feeling" i smiled.

"How about we just...put this conversation on pause for now" Leon suggested.

"Sounds good to me"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Guys leon found him out, i think he may be murdered tonight

Stay safe friends ✌🏼❤️