dives

2019- at the pool.

After the Apocanope, the two immortals had become far closer and decided that, to celebrate all of humanity's good bits, they would have one night each week where they went out to do something new or in this case different. They called these dates. Well that's not actually true, they went on 'dates' to the ritz almost daily but every week on Saturday they took turns planning the date.

This particular week Crowley had been the one to plan it.

He decided that taking Azi to a night time swimming session at the nearest pool with a diving board would be fun for both of them and he could show of his dives.

He just didn't expect Azis reaction.

————

They had been swimming around the pool for about 15 minutes before Crowley decided it was time to dive.

He suddenly ducked under the water and swum to the edge of the pool and climbed out.

It was by the this time that Aziraphale had realised that Crowley had gone. He called out "My dear, what are you doing?"

"Nothing much angel, just...having a walk."

"Ok....?" He replied hesitantly.

Crowley then proceeded to strut over to the 1 meter diving boards.

He then sauntered onto the board all while attempting to impress his angel and look cool.

Said angel was watching with a huge grin on his face and a barely controlled laugh. He drifted closer to the diving boards and had to admit that Crowley did look quite well good and all things considered rather attractive...

Then when he was the only one on the diving board and preparing to jump, suddenly, this little kid ran onto the board and shoved him off!

When Azi got to him, the water around him was practically bubbling with rage.

"Crowley dear, it's fine really. I'm sure they didn't mean to push you-"

"Oh they meant to push me all right! And they are going to pay!" He said with a malicious glint in his eyes.

"No, No they will NOT pay! They will be fine and even have a lovely weekend this week". If you listened closely, you could hear the little twinkle as Aziraphale miracled it true.

"No , angeeeel! Why!"

"I'm an angel Crowley, it's what I do. Now excuse me, I want a turn."

"You want a what?"

"I want a go at the diving boards?"

"Um... I mean you can try, but using even the smallest board takes a lot of practice" the demon said smugly.

"Oh I think I'll be ok" replied the angel in an even more smug way (if that was even possible).

He walked quickly past the 1 meter board up to the diving tower and started climbing up to the top.

Crowley just watched on in shock, fear and- don't tell anyone- slight admiration.

Azi made it to the 15 meter board and then, before he jumped he actually waved at Crowley. The audacity!

It was all the demon could do to wave back he was so in love- I mean, oh umm ugh- just don't tell anyone....

The angel stood at the top of the tower and looked around before finally raising his arms above his head and.... He jumped.

As he soared through the air he remembered that he had to work extra hard to keep his wings in check when diving so that is where the look of intense concentration that Crowley had spotted came from.

Then he hit the water with a small splash and let himself drift to the surface.

He then swum over to Crowley as he was still in shock.

"So how was it? What do you think? Did I do ok?"

"I-It that wow!"

"Is that good...?" The angel asked uncertainly.

"YES! Angel that was amazing! You never said you could dive!"

"It never came up in conversation"

—————

So, in short, it backfired massively for Crowley. And was hilarious for the angel but not so much the demon. Safe to say that Crowley never brought Azi back to that pool or any others with diving boards again.

The end.

Any way hope enjoyed that fluffy one after the other kinda angsty one (idk if it was😬) and that you have a great day today/tonight/tomorrow and if it's late GET SOME SLEEP and drink some water it's important and keeps you well so pls be safe and healthy. Byee xx🦆🦆